- Axis Powers Hetalia fanfic Gankona, Unnachgiebig, Unità: Let's just say Italy loves to hold both Germany's and Japan's hands.
- A Crown of Stars:
- When older Shinji and Asuka came along, they were holding hands. That was one of the first clues that Shinji and Asuka got that their relationship would get better.They both seemed to draw strength from the constant grip.
- After getting together, Shinji and Asuka are nearly always holding hands. The gesture reassures them and makes them feeling safer and stronger.
- When older Shinji and Asuka came along, they were holding hands. That was one of the first clues that Shinji and Asuka got that their relationship would get better.
- Advice and Trust: After their First Kiss Shinji and Asuka like holding hands constantly. Unfortunately, since they are forced to hide their relationship they can not make it publicly.So she restricted herself to merely holding his hand on a couple of the narrower side streets during their walk to school. She told herself it was because he'd asked for it. It totally wasn't because his hand felt warm and made her feel the same, or because the handclasp made her skin tingle at the point of contact. Totally not. It must have been his feet that slowed their walk as they approached the point where more public streets would require them to let go again.
- The Child of Love: In chapter 9, after Asuka has delivered Teri, she and Shinji hold hands.Asuka:"Pfff, don't cry, baka. Hold my hand..."
Shinji does as he is told and takes Asuka's left hand in his, squeezing it gently.
Asuka:"You make me feel a lot better, Shinji."
- Child of the Storm has Harry and Carol do this a lot, as part of the heavy Ship Tease between the two.
- Children of an Elder God: Shinji and Asuka held hands several times, including the night they left human civilization. Shinji grabbed Asuka's hand and they walked onto a boat before sailing out.
- Unusually Played for Drama inA Complete Turnabout. Phoenix and Iris do this in chapter 31, as emotional support for Iris, but since Phoenix is from Alternate Universe (which Iris doesn't know), he's not the one she fell in love with so he feels like he's lying to her.
- Does Marge have friends?: During a summer barbecue, Maude suddenly held Marge's hand underneath the table.
- Doing It Right This Time:
- Shinji and Asuka linked their hands when they walked into the sea together before returning to the past.
- Does Marge have friends?: One summer, Maude held Marge's hand underneath the table at a summer barbecue. Marge didn't know what prompted the touch since they weren't close and were both married, but she didn't say anything.
- Evangelion 303:
- One of the most heart-warming moments of the comic happened in chapter 13 when Shinji and Asuka held hands right after he popped the question.
- And then this scene in chapter 12, when after going through a very harsh time Asuka attempted to commit suicide, but Shinji talked her out of it, offered her hand... and Asuka took it.
- At the end of the first arc of Hellsister Trilogy, Supergirl and Dev-Em, who have become a couple during the course of the story, link hands.She replied, "Yes, Dev. I'll stay for the wedding. And we can be together at least till then."
"Well—" She smiled back at him. "Maybe a little longer."
"That's just what I wanted to hear," he said, and took her hand.
- HERZ: After Rei reminds them that her plan to destroy SEELE forever is risky and both could die, Shinji and Asuka held hands as they reiterated they were together in this.
- In Kara of Rokyn, Clark Kent and Lois Lane hold hands after Superman has been saved from Lex Luthor's final death trap.
- Last Child of Krypton:
- Subverted in chapter 2 with Asuka and Kaji. She has a crush on him and constantly tries to hold his hand. He sees her like his surrogate daughter and constantly looks for excuses to snatch his hand away.
- Scar Tissue: After beginning to open up to each other, Shinji and Asuka often sleep together, holding hands as they are sharing a bed.
- In chapter 13 they link hands after feeding each other.
- The Second Try: Asuka and Shinji often link hands to try to lend strength and reassure each other in private.
- The Saga of Avatar Korra: Korra and Asami hold hands on a number of occasions during Book One of the story. It showcases the Romantic Two-Girl Friendship they have been developing.
- In Surprising Butterflies, Mion and Rena hold hands a lot. Others see it as simply Romantic Two-Girl Friendship stuff but it's romantic. Despite being physically affectionate with Rena, Mion is Twice Shy towards Keiichi.
- In Hope for the Heartless, after months of living as the Horned King's prisoner, playing the piano for him daily and getting rescued by him from the Mad Pack among other things, Avalina asks how he came to look like he does. He explains that his sins killed his heart and started reflecting his appearance. The girl senses under the lich's cold shell loneliness, despair and the beginnings of guilt. For the first time in their time together, she approaches him willingly and takes his hand, telling him that she sees hope in him. After the initial shock, the Horned King responds in kind. It's shortly after this that his heart comes back to life.
- In Tangled Up In You, Marinette manipulates Adrien into this while walking from Alya's house to the Agreste mansion by pretending to have lost one of her mittens, though he goes a step further than she expected and puts both their hands in his coat pocket. Later, Adrien gets her to agree to let him carry one of her bags from the fabric store by saying that, for their own safety, they should hold hands so they don't fall over in the snow.
- The Sanctuary Telepath: John and Janine do this a lot. One of the signs of their close relationship is that they hold hands while teleporting, as opposed to the other forms of touching John's "passengers" usually display (linking arms, John touching their forearms, etc).
- So the Trauma: The first time Kim holds hands with her girlfriend Erica while at school acts as a coming out for both of them. It's mentioned that straight couples can be nonchalant about this sort of thing, but it's a statement for queer couples.
- Walking in Circles: Once she's got the Mark and is cured of Tranquility, Evelyn and Solas almost always do this (among their hugs, kisses, and Headbutt of Love) whenever they're within arm's reach with each other, and it's even often specifically described in those scenes that they're entwining their fingers and not just simply holding hands. It's to compensate for their time in Ostwick, when they couldn't show affection publicly, and the two years afterwards; it also simply brings them great comfort, especially Solas.
- X-Men: The Early Years ends up with Cyclops and Jean Grey walking back home holding hands.Sporting a wicked, bad boy expression of his own, Scott reached for Jean's hand, and she squeezed his right back.
- In Skyhold Academy Yearbook, after Cullen and Evvy finally have their first kiss, they come downstairs hand in hand - much to their colleagues' delight.
- In Kara of Rokyn, Clark Kent and Lois Lane link hands after Superman has been saved from Lex Luthor's death trap.
- White Sheep (RWBY):
- When Yang accidentally asks Jaune on a second date, we cut to an In Medias Res where they're in the middle of their date with all their friends, holding hands. Yang is afraid that she's stealing away the boy her sister was interested in, and spends the entire date thinking that she's a terrible person... but at no point does she let go of Jaune's hand.
- This contrasts with Jaune and Weiss when they're in a Fake Relationship. They hold hands when necessary to keep up the ruse, but immediately stop when they don't have to. They have basically zero Ship Tease; despite Weiss admitting that Jaune is physically attractive, she has no interest in him romantically.
- In Fire Emblem Awakening fanfic Golden Threads Tie Us, Lucina shields Severa from an arrow and passes out. When she wakes up in a bed and sees Severa sitting by her side, Lucina grabs her hand.She didn't stop until the morning after, when Lucina opened her eyes and looked at her and smiled, fingers shifting and curling around Severa's own. Severa thought her heart might explode from the warmth.
- Recovery: When Weiss first grabs onto Yang's hand in the fifth chapter, she goes beet red and lets go a moment later due to being unused to such affectionate gestures.
Holding Hands / Fan Works