There's a reason some people call it Symphogay.
open/close all folders
- Within the first episode, we're shown Hibiki and Miku engaging in emotionally ~intimate conversation while physically sharing the top bunk of a bunk bed. By the second episode, it is implied that such is a regular occurrence for the two.
- Miku seems to be very fond of Hibiki, blushing around her, being unhappy when they can't be together, being reduced to a solemn, morose wreck after her death... Hibiki, for her part, all but confessed her love for Miku in the second episode. While they were sharing a bed.
- The first scene we get of Tsubasa shows her blushing while Kanade tells her that she (Kanade) needs her. Following Kanade's death, Tsubasa has been obsessed with Kanade.
- Episode 3 has Ryouko biting Hibiki's ear and pretty much (read: explicitly) saying that she wants to take Hibiki's virginity.
- During one scene when Hibiki is training early in the morning, Miku is still sleep and she reaches out for Hibiki only to see there is no one there. It is similar to a wife noticing her husband is missing.
- When Hibiki and Miku are taking a bath, Miku is quick to notice and grope Hibiki's developing muscles.
- The first season has Miku wearing orange underwear and Hibiki wearing purple underwear, the theme colors of the opposite characters.
- Astute readers will note that this accounts for every named female character but Chris. She has her moment with Miku in episode eight.
- Miku checking out a book titled "Be Honest with Yourself", only to return it to the shelf when she sees a blushing Hibiki talking to Tsubasa. It's not that hard to figure what it's about.
- Hibiki's constant glomping on a blushing Chris.
- On a less wholesome note, Finé's introductory scene includes her getting very touchy-feely with Chris and telling her that only Finé can give her the love she deserves. While Chris is wearing a Stripperiffic getup and Finé is wearing nothing but stockings, gloves, shoes, and a choker.
- In episode 2, during their battle, Tsubasa says this to Maria:You can tell me what's going on in bed!
- In the 2nd season opening, a naked Tsubasa and Chris hold hands.
- Shirabe and Kirika bring this in the second season. Kirika is quick to comfort Shirabe when she's depressed or angry, and they even have a Shower of Love scene in the third episode. In the fourth, Kirika even holds Shirabe in her arms.
Shirabe: In that case, I will try even harder to stop you. I can't allow my dear Kiri-chan to be tainted any further.
- And in the 12th episode of G, when they're fighting against each other, they have this gem of a conversation:
Kirika: Don't call me dear! I love you even more! That's why I'm fighting to protect the world that holds the people I love!
Kirika and Shirabe: (to each other) I'm telling you that I love you!
- Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA, their duet during their fight against each other, has some very telling lyrics such as "Surely, surely, yes 'I love you' is what I want to convey" and "Sparkling fate, yes fuses together the sun and the moon", a reference to Kirika's and Shirabe's last names, respectively.
- As of the 6th episode of season 2, the Meta Guy, Yumi directly compares Hibiki to the lead of a harem anime in terms of how dense she is at realizing Miku was worried she was feeling down and had gathered their friends for an okonomiyaki party. Cue Miku looking both pleased and embarrassed.
- When everyone else wants to run away, Miku realizes that something is wrong and runs to Hibiki because she thinks Hibiki is going to leave her. She is only stopped from touching Hibiki by Chris who warns Miku that she'll be severely burned if she touches Hibiki.
- In the second season's 7th episode, Miku has basically been acknowledged by the 2nd division as Hibiki's wife. Genjuro tells Miku that she is Hibiki's connection to a regular life. They don't confide to Hibiki's mom or grandma of Hibiki's condition. They confide to her. Genjuro even states that she must protect Hibiki.
- In the second season Miku is brainwashed by her love for Hibiki by Ver. Her Relic Song is even clearly a love song about protecting Hibiki. This isn't just subtext anymore; this is just pure text.I won't ever let you go
I won't let you go far away.
I love you this much
look how much I love you
- There's the entire Sempai Kouhai moment between Tsubasa and Chris, with the former being more open than typical while the latter acts in her usual way. Later on at school, Tsubasa expresses a disappointment that Chris hasn't called her senpai again.
- In the first OVA, there is a short that elaborates more on what happened immediately after Hibiki and Miku's reunion at the end of the first season. While Hibiki and Miku are hugging each other, Tsubasa, Genjurou, and Ogawa all can see it with Ogawa even saying that what Hibiki and Miku are doing at that moment might be something they should do at home. It seems those three also ship Hibiki and Miku together.
- There's also another short of Hibiki and Miku moving into their new dorm. As Hibiki is busy putting all their stuff in the bottom bunk so they use the top to sleep together, Miku, while blushing, muses that since their new dorm is bigger, they dont have to put their stuff in the bottom bunk. Miku stays silent, however, since she loves sleeping with Hibiki.
- In the second OVA, there are two shorts involving Miku. The first one is of her being worried that Hibiki is cheating on her with Chris. The second is of Miku blushing profusely when she remembers a discussion she had with Hibiki, Tsubasa, and Chris from the first OVA where it's revealed that the lyrics of a Symphogear's battle song comes from the wielder's subconscious. Miku realizes then and there that she pretty much outright admitted her feelings for Hibiki while she was under the Shenshou Jing's influence.
- The first episode of the new season continues the Ship Tease between Kirika and Shirabe with the two holding hands when they appear as students at Hibiki's school. Hibiki even says that the warm weather doesn't bother them because they're holding hands to which Kirika, with a blush, responds with Shirabe being cold so she can't help but hold her hand. Shirabe replies in kind by saying she herself can't help but hold Kirika's warm upper arm as well.
- Hibiki and Miku are not to be outdone, however, as their own Ship Tease is still present in the new season. After Shirabe's "upper arm" moment, Miku jumped at the chance to try it out with Hibiki as well. This leads to Chris blushing with embarrassment with how the two are acting and leading to her hitting Hibiki again while telling the two to "do that sort of thing at home". (A Call-Back to the OV As, where Chris had earlier told them the same thing.)
- Maria and Tsubasa's duet again set off the Tsubasa/Maria shippers; the lyrics notably included a Gratuitous English "I love you!", and the staging of the concert included two galaxies, with their respective colours, colliding to form a cross and shower of sparks. It ends with each of them standing at the root of a large coloured wing, suggestive of Kanade and Tsubasa's partnership before the series. Tsubasa's Big Damn Heroes moment to save Maria from Phara didn't hurt either.
- Chris and Hibiki also get a couple of moments. While leveling the rocket, Chris randomly leaps into Hibiki to both shield her and shoot out some bullets. Said move gets them really close. Later at school, Hibiki indulges in her usual glomping only for Chris to smack her up the head with a bookbag.
- How to ignore the very first dialogue between Tsubasa and Chris? (Though this seems to mostly have been a quirk of the translation; the original Japanese line has much less of an innuendo, and more of a remark on Chris's personality.)Tsubasa: These things are as wild a ride as Yukine herself!
Chris: Then show me how well you can handle me, senpai!
- Episode 2 is a goldmine for Tsubasa/Maria shippers.
Maria: Sorry, but I'll have my way with Tsubasa!
- After Tsubasa tricks Phara using her BFS, Maria grabs the former by the arm in order to run away from their attacker. Tsubasa's reaction to Maria's action is to blush.
- Later, as Tsubasa and Maria acquire a car to flee from Phara, Maria says the following line; unlike the case above, the innuendo is present in the Japanese script.
- During a Call-Back to G, Tsubasa calls Maria "my friend", and later refers to her by her first name, something she'd only previously done with Kanade.
- During the beginning of the episode, Miku mentions about buying more food at a nearby convenience store before heading back home. Her friends then ask her if she's worried about Hibiki fighting out there. Miku replies that she's more worried about Hibiki coming home with an empty stomach, thus showing that their relationship is like that of a married couple.
- The most telling example from this episode would be Garie activating Micha by giving her a kiss. Sure it's done in order to transfer the energy she's gathered to Micha but her flirtatious look afterwards leaves little to the imagination.
- The Hibiki and Miku Ship Tease ran strong once again during this episode.
Hibiki: Here I go.
- After the battle against Garie, we are treated to another scene between the two of them while they're sharing a bed. Hibiki confides to Miku that she doesn't want her songs to hurt other people. Miku responds by tenderly clasping Hibiki's hand and telling her that she knows "that [Hibiki's] songs don't exist to hurt anyone" before drawing Hibiki's hand to her face to nuzzle it.
- Miku's words are the ones that finally got Hibiki to break out of her Heroic BSoD and thus allow her to transform again. As Miku is falling because of Micha attacking the platform that she was on, she remembers how Hibiki saved her while she was under the Shenshou Jing's influence back in season 2 and by saying that she loves Hibiki's songs and wants the latter to continue singing them for everyone to hear and all of this is capped off by a now-transformed Hibiki saving Miku from the fall by catching her, bridal style. A shot of Hibiki carrying Miku is also used as the end card for the episode.
- After saving Miku from falling, their small exchange as Hibiki gets ready to fight Micha and Alca-Noise is very reminiscent of a husband telling his wife to wait for him while he goes out to fight:
Miku: (with a smile) I'll be waiting.
- Shirabe and Kirika. Ship Tease galore for them during this episode.
If I become strong,
- When they sneak into the medical room, they have this conversation.Kirika: "You could have said you have someone you want to save!"
Shirabe: (blushing) "It's embarrassing. I don't want to be seen doing embarrassing things by anyone other than you."
- During the fight against Micha, they hold hands as they inject each with Li NKER.
- Similar to Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA from the previous season, their duet during their fight against the Alca-Noise pretty much moves their relationship from subtext to text. The relationship between the Sun and the Moon is once again played up in their duet just like in Edge Works. Now, what do Akatsuki and Tsukuyomi stand for again?
Will I be able to get closer to the shining sun?
You shine down on me.
Just loving!Holding the courage to be strong in your heart, (If I become strong,)
as a light envelops the Moon. (will I be able to get closer to the shining Sun?)
I want to shine down on you (You shine down on me.)
with one half of a pair of true loves.
- When Shirabe has been left defenseless because of her Gear being destroyed by the Alca-Noise, Kirika calls out for someone to save "[her] beloved Shirabe." Cue Big Damn Heroes moment by both Tsubasa and Chris.
- When they sneak into the medical room, they have this conversation.
- Hibiki and Miku have some moments as well during this episode. Not as much as in the last one but still notable.
Hibiki: All I do is crush the things I care about. But Miku cheered me up. She said I saved her. I need to live up to her feelings.
- When Hibiki wakes up from her one-week coma, she immediately thinks about Miku. She seems to have a Love Epiphany during this scene as well as she makes mention of answering Miku's feelings during this time.
- When Hibiki walks into the bridge, Miku, with a relieved smile, immediately runs up to her and gives her a hug. Hibiki then thanks Miku because the latter allowed her to sing again.
- Hibiki and Miku get one right at the beginning of the episode when Maria tells the men to not look at the screen because Kirika and Shirabe are naked due to losing their Gears to the Alca-Noise in the last episode. The exchange between the two sheds some light as to how Miku perceives Hibiki.Maria: Don't look, men!
* Genjurou closes his eyes and looks away. Sakuya does the same. Miku also covers Hibiki's eyes.*
Hibiki: (blushing) Wh-wh-why me, too?!
Miku: (blushing) Sorry, I just sort of did it.
- When trying to avoid losing control when attempting to use Ignite Mode, Tsubasa is able to snap Chris out of it by taking her hand, and even states she needs Chris to hold hers' in order to avoid falling into darkness.
- The Ship Tease between Maria and Tsubasa continues, when Maria gives her sunglasses to Tsubasa (by putting them on her, no less), stating that Tsubasa will need them, since she's a celebrity.
- Hibiki and Miku, not to be left behind, also get a few during this episode. After losing a game of RockPaperScissors near the end of the episode, Hibiki has to go to the store in order to buy food. Miku, despite having won as well, decides to go with Hibiki with the excuse that it's "hard to carry everything". Miku caps this off by grabbing Hibiki's hand.
- Miku is also seen looking and smiling tenderly at Hibiki when the latter was checking out the vending machine and being her usual excited self.
- Kirika and Shirabe:
Kirika: Why do you jump in to protect me without thinking?!
- While fighting against Micha, Kirika explains that the reason why she's angry at Shirabe is because Shirabe keeps endangering herself in order to shield Kirika and that she loves her.
Shirabe: Then, I really am in the way?
Kirika: No! It's because I love you! I love you, so I couldn't bear to see you hurt!
- Their conversation at the end of the episode. Just their conversation.
- Tsubasa and Maria: The majority of the episode is dedicated to Tsubasa's struggle with her past with Maria constantly giving her support.
- When the FIS Symphogears believe they're about to die while disabling the Chateau from inside, they speak to the 2nd Div Symphogears once more. Maria in particular regrets not being able to sing with Tsubasa on a stage once again, with the entire conversation taking on the tenor of a couple separated before their time.
- Miku comforting Hibiki after the battle with Carol in the bathroom. Hibiki lashes out at herself again because she feels that her fists are useless and that it punching something won't save Elfnein. Miku comforts Hibiki by saying that the latter's fist is "special" and "gentle" and that it will "fix all of the bad things" in the future. Hibiki responds by hugging Miku and calling her "[Hibiki's] sunflower."
- During the final battle, Tsubasa and Maria combine their attacks first by pressing their breasts against each other.
- Carol saving Elfnein by kissing her (complete with Intertwined Fingers) and transferring her remaining memories to her. They become one from that point on.
- There's another moment near the end of the episode between Tsubasa and Maria. As Ogawa and Tsubasa are about to board the plane to go back to England, she finds Maria waiting for her on the way to the plane. The following exchange between the two leads to Maria blushing in a Call-Back to the second episode where Maria drags Tsubasa away to get away from Phara's attack.Maria: You know, I also go to England once in a while.
Tsubasa: (giggles) "Once in a while," huh? (smiles at Maria)
Maria: (blushes) That sword isn't feminine, after all...
Senki Zesshoushinai Symphogear GX
- The third OVA has Garie kissing Phara and Lieur in order to activate them. Carol even lampshades this by saying that Garie shows too much public displays of affection. Garie then throws it back in her face by pointing out that, since the Autoscorers' AI is based off of Carol's thought patterns, it's Carol who likes public displays of affection on some level.
- In the fourth OVA where it shows the Symphogear users in the beach, Miku once again goes full-on Hibiki fangirl mode and takes multiple pictures while Hibiki is standing there and posing.
- One of the shorts takes place after the Beef Stroganoff song and it features Hibiki and Miku trying their hand at cooking said dish. The short ends with Miku deciding to learn how to cook in order to win Hibiki's heart through her stomach as seen here.
- The very first scene shows Hibiki and Miku's usual shenanigans although it could be interpreted as being just between two really good friends. However, Chris' line to them as she appears from the helicopter to pick Hibiki up for their next mission has her telling Hibiki and Miku to continue what they're doing at home which Chris only says whenever the two are being very touchy-feely.
- There is a scene later on in the episode where the Gear users are taking a shower. After finishing her shower, a naked Kirika attempts to dry herself off before Hibiki comes in up close and personal to talk to Kirika, leaving Kirika a stuttering and blushing mess. This isn't helped by Shirabe approaching them and looking at the two with an expression that can only be described as jealousy. Kirika caps it off by saying that she doesn't know where to look. All of this can be seen here.
- Tsubasa and Maria get a small moment together but it's rather notable nonetheless because it continues from GX's finale, showing that Tsubasa still flusters Maria. When Maria is explaining to the others that she's officially investigating the incident as well with Tsubasa under the guise of a fake identity provided by Tsubasa's father, Tsubasa replies that she wasn't told about that and just assumed that Maria followed her from England because Maria was getting lonely. Maria, while blushing, vehemently denies this.
- Hibiki's Image Song for the season, "Makenai Ai ga Koko ni Aru" (Within this Fist is an Invincible Love) has the following line:The past surrounds the future but I'll embrace my future
I'll (always) stay by your side (always)
We'll always be together
- The kanji used for "future" is 未来, the same as Miku's name. In fact, "Miku" can also mean "future" in Japanese.
- With the return to Slice of Life elements at certain points in the episode, we get some more moments between Hibiki and Miku as per usual. The
- It's revealed that Miku's screensaver for her cellphone is a picture of Hibiki in a bikini. This serves as a Call-Back to one of the Zesshoushinai shorts that showed Miku taking a lot of pictures of Hibiki while they were at the beach during GX.
- When their plane is attacked by Alca-Noise, Maria can't transform due to the lack of LiNKER forcing Tsubasa to handle the situation alone. The scene culminates with Maria diving out of the plane with an important suitcase while Tsubasa has to catch up to her before either the Alca-Noise can get to her or she hits the water at terminal velocity. The scene culminates with Tsubasa saving Maria from falling then carrying her to safety.
- At the end of the episode, when Adam appears and attempts to kill off Hibiki, Tsubasa, and Chris, they are rescued by Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika at the end of the episode. That's nothing on its own. However, Maria is the one carrying Tsubasa to safety and she acknowledges the previous times that Tsubasa has saved her. Maria delivers this line as she carries the unconscious Tsubasa away from harm:Maria: I'll save you even if it destroys me!
- Once again, Miku gives Hibiki some words of encouragement when the latter is off to fight again like a wife sending her husband off before work. This time around, though, Miku succeeds in making Hibiki blush.
- When Chris tells Hibiki that the Alchemists' Alca-Noise are targetting Lydian, what's the first thing that comes into Hibiki's mind? More specifically, it's who comes into Hibiki's mind and it's Miku◊, complete with Love Bubbles and sparkles, showing that Hibiki thinks the world of Miku as well as seeing her in a (possibly) romantic light.
- Shirabe and Kirika having a very romantic like moment after defeating the Illumanati. Chris even tells them to Get a Room!.
- Not to be outdone are Hibiki and Miku, especially acting like a very typical housewife towards Hibiki with her cooking a meal for Hibiki who's busy doing her summer homework. This is actually a Call-Back to one of the OVA shorts from GX where Miku concluded that the best way to win Hibiki's heart is through her stomach and thus decided to learn how to cook. See it here.
- What finally frees Hibiki from possession by the divine power? Hearing Miku's voice. And the two even calling each other by pet-names in her mind as seen here.Hibiki: "Miku... My warm sunshine!"
Miku: "Hibiki! My shining Sun!"
- As a bonus, Miku's line is a Call-Back to one of the Zesshoushinai shorts from the second season where she outright says that Hibiki is the Sun that shines too brightly for her at times.
- During Hibiki's birthday party, Miku and Hibiki have a quiet moment at the balcony. During this moment, Miku says that no matter what heppens, she will never let go of Hibiki's hand and that she will always stay by Hibiki's side.
- Hibiki and Miku go on another date while shopping for a birthday present for Chris. They end up riding a ferris wheel with the colors of the rainbow. Really subtle.
- Shirabe and Kirika continue to be a Battle Couple when, after Kirika forgets her LiNKER, Shirabe agrees to share hers and they hug each other as they fall and transform together.
- Tsubasa asks Maria to once more be her partner in a concert, which seems more like a date proposal.
- Hibiki and Miku appear to share an apartment now. In addition, Miku notes that certain people just have feelings that they can't speak while looking somber. To put this into context, Miku says this after Hibiki reveals that despite her efforts back in GX, her mom and dad still aren't living together again due to their own unspoken feelings, framing Miku's own issues as that of a lover's.
- Apart from the usual moment between Hibiki and Miku at the start of the episode, the midpoint has Vanessa flirting with Hibiki in order to distract her by showing off her breasts to Hibiki. Hibiki's response is to be both embarrassed and aroused by Vanessa's actions, blushing and not even bothering to cover her eyes.
- Hibiki and Miku take a bath together and they playfully use some water guns.
- When Miku is scolding Hibiki, she sounds more like a concerned wife. Furthermore, the wording that Miku used when she says "the person I care about" is "daisuki na hito" which means "beloved person". Miku basically made a Love Confession to Hibiki then and there.
- When Miku is missing after a particularly bloody incident, Hibiki is barely holding herself together, clearly worried and near panic over Miku. Chris wordlessly offers comfort and strength.
- Maria attempts to speak to Tsubasa only for her to brush away her hand. When Maria is working out, she contemplates her frustration for not being able to reach Tsubasa.
- Hibiki is hellbent on saving Miku to the point that she pushes herself to her limit trying to do so. After being knocked unconscious due to an encounter with the enemy, Hibiki has a dream of her conversation with Miku back on the Ferris Wheel in the season's first episode where it's revealed that Miku gave Hibiki what's basically a Love Confession again.Miku: I'll be counting on you. Because you're the only one I can fully give myself to.
- During the dream sequence, Miku and Hibiki's silhouettes look like they're kissing at the end.
- As Chris and Maria combine their attacks against the Annunaki, they hold hands as if they're a dancing couple and their breasts press together.
- At the beginning of the episode, there is a montage of Hibiki and Miku's various moments throughout the series along with Hibiki narrating that her worst fears have come true: that "[her] Sunshine was taken from [her]" due to Shem-ha possessing Miku.Hibiki: "Don't go! Don't leave me! Miku!"
- Part of the episode involves Maria trying to get Tsubasa to regain her senses.
- Kirika and Shirable's combined attack at the end of their Amalgam is "Polyfilm Scissor Love Dreams" which is pretty much a Double Entendre.
- Tsubasa and Maria's Amalgams are a Phoenix and a Dragon, respectively, and they use them in tandem with one another. According to one poster, Maria's Amalgam makes a lot more sense if you know the symbolism between the Phoenix and the Dragon, namely that they are a "Yin" and a "Yang" and that both of them symbolizes "love, harmony, togetherness", and a strong marriage.
- During the fight against Shem-ha, Hibiki reveals that she wants Miku all for herself:Hibiki: "I... I want to take Miku for myself! Not to help other people! But because I want it!"
- Even better, the word Hibiki uses for "take" is "ubaitai" which is a really strong version of "ubau" which means "to take". When used by the Japanese, "ubaitai" is used in a romantic context. In the same vein that Miku is possessive of Hibiki as shown in G, Hibiki is in turn possessive of Miku, showing that she returns Miku's feelings for her.
- In a bit of Fridge Brilliance, the theme song for this season, METANOIA, is a giant one. Rearrange it and you get "Ai no tame" which means "for love." What's the name of Hibiki's Cooldown Hug attack at the end of the fight against Shem-Ha in order to purge the Custodian from Miku's body? "METANOIA". This means that Hibiki saved Miku out of love and confirming her desire to want to take Miku for herself.
- The very last lines of the series are delivered by Hibiki and Miku going to watch shooting stars together, with a piano version of Kimi Dake Ni playing in the background—and sound right out of a confession.Miku: "There was something I've always wanted to tell you."Hibiki: "Yeah, me too. I hope what I want to tell you is the same thing you want to tell me."
- With the release of Hibiki's XV Character Songs single, she has a song titled "Kimi Dake Ni" which translates to "Only You" or "Only For You". In the song, she makes mention of the future once again (note that Miku's name can mean "future" due to containing the kanji for the word). Hibiki also makes mention of responding to "[someone's] eternal love" in the song, calling back to Miku's own song from Symphogear XD Unlimited "Eternal Love Promise". A piano version plays during the final scene of the series, leaving no room for the imagination of the conversation that took place between Hibiki and Miku during it.
- Hibiki's main battle song during this season is titled "ALL LOVES BLAZING" and also has her singing about "protecting someone" and fearing if "[her] own two hands" aren't enough to keep that person safe. Hibiki once again makes a mention of the future ("mirai" in Japanese) in this song which contains the kanji for Miku's name.
Symphogear XD Unlimited
- One of the Memoria cards for the game has Miku and Hibiki in a...rather compromising situation. The story behind the card doesn't hurt as it shows the two being their usual lovey-dovey selves with each other.
- One of the story events in the game focuses on an alternate universe Hibiki who is depressed and angry due to all of the abuse heaped on her by others for surviving the concert. The reason why she turned into an anti-social and angry individual? No one was there to pick up the pieces because that universe's Miku was forced to move away when she and Hibiki were younger. This shows that the main reason why main universe Hibiki is able to remain optimistic despite all the bad things is because Miku was there for her the entire time.
Hibiki: "I'll be waiting so definitely don't do anything reckless."
- During this event, Miku willingly becomes a Symphogear user in order to save this alternate universe Hibiki. She has a few reasons for this: one is that main!Hibiki is being plagued by nightmares due to alternate!Hibiki's memories seeping into main!Hibiki's head, two is that Hibiki urged her because main!Hibiki understands that alternate!Hibiki just needs a helping hand, and three is because Miku wants to save Hibiki for once.
- The conversation between main!Hibiki and Miku before the latter leaves for the alternate universe finally has Hibiki being on the other end with having to see Miku off. Hibiki makes an effort to tell Miku that she finally knows how the latter feels every time Hibiki goes off to fight the Noise. Miku replies that since Hibiki now understands that the latter should be more careful next time. See the conversation here.
Miku: "Usually, it's the other way around."
Hibiki: "Yeah, you're right... Usually, it's the other way around... So this is what I usually make you feel..."
Miku: "If you understand my feelings now then refrain from doing anything rash next time, okay?"
Hibiki: "Yeah, I'll try my best."
(Backlight) For the tomorrow of you who is suffering
- Continuing on from this event, Miku has a new Symphogear Image Song titled Eternal Love Promise where Miku, once again, admits her love for Hibiki (this time in English and under her own will):
(Eternal love) I want to become an existence
That will shine on you and dry up
Those grieving tears of yours
(I need you)
(I need you)
No matter which different you
I meet in any world
I'm waiting, always, definitely
(I love you)
"I will never let you go"
I will sing it to you once again
I will sing, not in order to be protected
But in order to protect you
Believe in me
- In one of the recent events in the game, Chris goes to a universe where her parents are alive and she's the one who was killed by the bomb unlike in the main universe that she lives in. Her parents note that she looks familiar and ask for her name. Chris' response?Chris: "C-Chris Tachibana."
- Hibiki laters teases Chris and say that they're like sisters due to Chris choosing the Tachibana name although it can just as easily be read as Chris wanting to marry Hibiki as well.
- Yuka Iguchi and Aoi Yuki, Miku's and Hibiki's seiyuu, respectively, apparently calls Miku "Hibiki's wife" during interviews.
- The Symphogear radio show calls Miku "Hibiki's wife/bride" here.
- During the Symphogear Live 2016 show, Yoko Hikasa calls Tsubasa "Maria's beloved" and complains about the former "not touching" the latter.
- Again during the Symphogear Live 2016 show, Yuka Iguchi admitting that she plays Miku as being in love with Hibiki. Aoi Yuki responds that the feeling is mutual.
- Another interview with Aoi Yuki and Yuka Iguchi has them saying that Hibiki and Miku's relationship is similar to that of a married couple's. They even go as far as to say that the first season is them being like newlyweds and that by the time AXZ rolls around, they are in their first year of marriage.
- Shirabe's second song in AXZ, "Draft Folder", contains lyrics that detail her struggling to send someone she likes an email. The kicker? The lyrics indicate that the person in question is Kirika as evidenced by her calling her by her nickname "Kiri-chan." In other words, Shirabe, perhaps following her and Kirika's conversation in Episode 8 of GX, is outright confirming her love for Kirika and putting her words of love for her into song. Have a listen here and have a look at the translated lyrics here.