Considering the creator previously worked on Steven Universe, this was bound to happen.
open/close all folders
- Enid is canonically Bisexual, and according to Word of God, Red Action is Gay,Lord Boxman is Pansexual, Professor Venomous is Bisexual, and the rest of the Hue Troop are also LGBT+.
- When Rad and KO find out who Enid's Parents are, Rad states that both her parents are hot.
- It's implied that Red Action and her former teammate Yellow have a bit of a history. There's a photo of them together on Red's Social Media account which she captioned "remember the future times </3" (</3 being netspeak for a broken heart). She seems to have taken Red's desertion the hardest out of her teammates. After the meteor crashed, she was worried about Red when Enid started calling out for her and didn't check on her teammates. And then there's her Meaningful Look after Red decided to stay in 201X and leaves with Enid. It doesn't help that Julia Srednicki, one of the character designers on the show, drew an artwork that depicted Red cuddling Yellow while kissing her.
- Genesis and Nanini, two girls in K.O.'s class at school, win the science fair with a "Power" of Love exhibit (using their clasped hands connected to a bean to power a lightbulb).
- In "Let's Not Be Skeletons", we get this when Enid and Rad start talking about Gil Ferris's finger rings.Enid: (talking about Gil's finger rings) Dang, look at all that ice!Rad: Yeah... nice, plump fingers too.
- In "Lord Cowboy Darrell", after Boxman is reminded that he'll always be Darrell's father:Boxman: That's right! I'M THE DADDY!!! (starts laughing)Rad: Whoa, did he just say "daddy"?
- Mad Sam says that Rad will make a cute hood ornament in "Special Delivery."
- Combo Breaker does come off as crazy for K.O. considering he become K.O.'s sidekick, was crazily devoted to him, and fell apart when K.O. blew up at him.
- In "Thank You for Watching the Show!", Green Guts of the Hue Troop is standing at a broken "GAR'S" sign, making a Y pose where the "R'" should be.
- In "We Messed Up", when Enid sees Mr. Gar has a picture of KO's mom when she was younger, she eagerly asks who the babe is. She gets embarrassed when K.O. reveals that the "babe" is his mom.
- When Enid and K.O. are biking to Rad's house in "Hope This Flies", Enid's helmet has a peace sign sticker colored like the bisexual pride flag. Word of God confirms she's bisexual in a Reddit AMA.
- Enid and Elodie were rather close friends. Enid instantaneously flusters and blushes when encountering Elodie in the woods during one of her solo training sessions. Her charm necklace memento to Elodie can be interpreted as a deeper sign of affection.
- When Enid gets accepted to P.O.I.N.T. Prep, Elodie is initially cold and competitive towards her, but they eventually make up, swinging high above a beautiful sunset while holding each other close.
- In "Final Exams", when Enid must rescue Rad and K.O. from Chip Damage, Elodie goes with her, saying she didn't want to lose her again. Massive amounts of blushing and holding each other tight ensue, along with some awesome Battle Couple -esque moments.
- In "Chip's Damage", Elodie greets Enid by kissing both her cheeks.
- Character designer Matthieu Cousin drew an artwork of Enid and an early design of Red Action where Enid looks at Red in awe while blushing while they're in action.
- In "You're Everybody's Sidekick", Enid gets noticeably flustered and blushes when K.O. asks why she follows Red Action on social media before ending up gushing about her.K.O.: You know her?
Enid: No. I mean, not really. I see her around and follow her online a bit, it's like, you know, whatever. (laughs nervously) She's just so wild sometimes.
- In "K.O.'s Video Channel", when Rad and Enid discovers that K.O. uploaded a video of them dancing and messing up, they were both embarrassed, but Enid took it the hardest when Red Action is one of the people who saw the video and commented on it.
- In "Back In Red Action", more fuel is added to the Enid/Red Action fire, with the latter even seeming to flirt with the former. Enid and Red Action spend a lot of time blushing around one another, and Enid sees Red through Crush Filter while driving through the Danger Zone and looks away embarrassed when Red looks back at her. Word of God reveals the episode is about their first date.
- When Enid scrolls to Red's profile on Social Media on her phone, she makes sure no one is watching her before looking at Red's photos. While looking through her photos, she seems a little jealous when she sees a photo of Red and Yellow Technique together from the future. When Red posts a new photo of her with Enid in the background, she slowly realizes that photo was taken just now and becomes flustered by it until Red gets her attention at the counter.
- Despite people seeing Enid as cool, she herself doesn't feel worthy to hang out with Red. When K.O. points out to her that Red wants to hang out with her, Enid still has her doubts and thinks Red is just messing with her.Enid: Huh. Enid, as if she'd ever want to hang out with you.
- When Red approaches Enid at the front counter, Enid is so flustered that when she tries to greet her she stammers with her greeting while avoiding making eye contact with Red and fumbles when scanning her pack of gum. Red on the other hand obviously bought the gum as an excuse to talk to her. Red smiles when Enid questions her if she's asking her to hang out with her, not to mention that Red is close to her face when talking to her.Red: Uh, so I'm hanging out around the parking lot today, and all my friends bailed on me, so...
Enid: Are you... asking me to hang out?
(Red blows a raspberry in her face)
Red: It's an option. I mean, do whatever you want. (pays for her gum and leaves) Either way, I'll be around.
- When Red forgets to take her gum after she leaves, Enid leaves the store to give it to her. Turns out Red intentionally left it to lure Enid out to get her to hang out, which Enid happily accepts.
- After Red comes clean on her past to Enid, Enid thinks what she does is incredible, but Red disagrees. Red reveals to her that she follows her on Social Media, which makes Enid blush.Red Action: You're got your own moves, your own style. You don't follow anyone. I never had the nerve to comment on any of your pictures. Deep down, I wanted to hang out with the coolest person in 201X before I got dragged back to the future, but I don't know if I can keep running.
- After Red reveals her backstory and decides to give up and let the Hue Troop take her away, Enid convinces her that they should fight them together so they can continue hanging out, which Red happily agrees. When the Hue Troop shows up again, Red is nervous at first but Enid comforts her by putting her hand on her shoulder and gives her a reassuring smile. With Red feeling confident, they both strike a fighting pose, in sync, ready to fight the Hue Troop.Enid: No matter what you did in the future, Red, right now, we're just two cool people hanging out, and if the Hue Troopers won't leave us alone, we'll just have to make them.
- During the fight with the Hue Troop, when Yellow Technique is about to attack Red, Enid rushes to defend her and kicks Yellow away.
- While running from the incoming meteor, Enid and Red are Holding Hands, even though it doesn't seem necessary since they're running at the same pace. After the meteor crashed and everyone's on the ground, the first thing that Enid instinctively does is to check if Red is still by her side, and when she realizes that Red isn't next to her she gets worried and calls out for her. When Enid finds her face down, she cradles her and Red wakes up to her saying, "Careful with the goods.", causing her to become flustered.
- When Red apologizes to the Hue Troop for deserting the team to avoid her problems, she credits Enid for helping her see the error of her ways while wrapping her arm around her and bringing her closer to her, making Enid smile.
- Enid seems to be a Morality Pet for Red. When Enid questions her on why the Hue Troop are after her, instead of continuing to lie to her, she comes clean and reveals her past. When Red is about to lie to the Hue Troop on how she knew the meteor containing the Prism Crystal would crash land in 201X, she sees Enid giving her a Disapproving Look and decides to tell them the truth on how she got lucky and apologizes to them for running away from her problems, which makes Enid proud of her.
- Even the staff seems to be getting in on it; there have been severalposts that hint at Enid/Red Action since the episode aired.
- In an artwork of Enid's room◊, which drawn by storyboard artist Stevie Borbolla, on the mirror of Enid's dresser there are four photographs taped to it, and the photo on the top is Red Action.
- Mira Ong, one of the storyboard artists, posted a comic strip on twitter of Red (poorly) flirting with Enid.
- In "Hope This Flies", Red Action picks Enid up from Rad's house and the two of them return together the next morning.
- In "Red Action to the Future", Enid struggles to tell Red that she wanted her to stay in the present with her instead of going to the future. Of course, when Red changes the timeline so she never left, Enid gives her a big hug while crying Tears of Joy.
- Enid is sad when she's reminded that Red is from the future and she'll eventually go back to it. When K.O. states that he likes a new bag of flavored chip, Enid tells him, while looking at Red, not to get attached saying those chips are probably a limited edition, which mirrors how she feels about Red leaving.
- When Enid learns that Red has been in the future for months, she begins worrying about Red growing up and thinks that she'll forget about them.K.O.: Don't worry, Enid. I'm sure she'll find the chips soon.
Enid: I'm not worried about the chips, K.O. I... I'm worried that, like... what if while Red is off fighting this battle for the universe, she grows up and forgets all about... you know, us?
K.O.: Then why did you tell her to go?
Enid: I was afraid that if I got in the way of her time travel stuff, she wouldn't hang out with us... just like she isn't now. (Facepalm) Ahh! I should have just been honest, huh?
- When Enid follows Red to the future, Yellow Technique tells her she and Red were separated during a giant Borg attack and thinks Red might be dead. Enid starts panicking about never seeing Red again until Red shows up.
- After taking down the giant borg, Red scolds Enid for coming to the future and endangering herself and she sets up a time portal for Enid to leave. When Enid is about to tell Red about how she feels about her and Red responds angrily at her before she tells her, Enid is taken back by her attitude that she changes her mind and goes back to the present after calling Red a jerk. When she returns to the present, she immediately regrets her action.K.O.: Enid! How'd it go with Red Action?
Enid: I called her a jerk, K.O.
K.O.: What?! I thought you wanted her to come back.
Enid: I do! But... a lot of stuff happened, okay? I-I couldn't think straight. (sigh) And now she'll probably never want to see me again.
- When an older Red Action returns to the present, Enid blushes when she sees her and then she gets a massive blush when the older Red Action lifts her into the air.
- Enid and Older Red Action's apology to each other:Older!Red Action: I'm sorry it took me so long to come visit. After I kicked you out of the future like that, it just- it never felt like the right time. Forgive me?
Enid: Actually, I owe you an apology, too, Red. Everything you've done in the future is incredible, but I-I wish you'd stayed here, in the present. Every time I tried to tell you, though, I-I chickened out. I didn't want you to feel like I was some annoying, clingy nerd.
Older!Red Action: Oh, Enid.
Enid: But now I know that wasn't fair to either of us. Maybe if I'd been honest before you left, we could have been together for years. But, hey, I'm grateful for the time we did have, you know?
- After Older!Red Action said her final goodbye to Enid and K.O. before returning to the future for good, Enid sounded like she was going to cry after she leaves.
- Despite her multiple accomplishments and being a war hero in the future, Red is willing to change her own timeline so she can spend more time with Enid in the present.
- In "Super Black Friday", after Gar tells his staff that they should shut down the store for tonight and use their precious time to be around people they love, Rad decides call his parents to let them know he's coming home while Enid decides to text Red Action to see what's up.
- All this leads up to the reveal in Red Action 3: Grudgement Day that Red and Enid have started dating sometime between episodes.
- In "Sibling Rivalry", when Raymond asks the Bodega team if they want their butts kicked:Rad: Ha! Kick my butt? Please! (shows his butt to Raymond) My two-pack is touting a 12-pack!
- Rad and Raymond's dance battle from "Plaza Prom" has already spawned multiple slashfics and is dripping with Foe Yay and Getting Crap Past the Radar.
- In "Lets Watch the Boxmore Show" Rad calls Raymond "handsome but pretentious snob".
- The episode "Raymond's Way", Raymond and Rad are basically fighting to see who's hotter. Raymond has seen  and Rad has blushed at Raymond during their fashion battle.
- To a lesser note, Raymond is shown wearing drag through the majority of the episode.
- The duo's interactions largely portray their relationship and especially discussions as Like an Old Married Couple. The two are seen in so many romantic interactions together that they're heavily implied to be a Battle Couple.
- Nick is noticeably touchy-feely with Joff. He slung his arm around his shoulders in "You're Everybody's Sidekick", and while in the background, his hand was in Joff's lower back at "Plaza Prom"
- In "Plaza Prom", near the end of the episode where everyone is dancing, Nick Army and Joff can be seen holding each other's hands while they dance. It's also pretty clear through the episode that they're each others' dates.
- In a short scene of "Second First Date", they are seen eating together by themselves on a spot where it's implied to be typically where couples go on dates.
- Danny Ducker, one of the storyboard artists and writers for the show, posted three images for Valentine Days on Twitter and Tumblr, one of which includes Nick giving Joff a bouquet of grenades, while they both blush.
- During "Plaza Film Festival" in Nick's film entry he plays a character who cries about how he hurts everyone with his grenade hands and how everyone thinks he's a monster, to which Joff's character lays on his chest and says that he doesn't.
- In "Be A Team", Nick and Joff are tasked with giving team-building exercises to K.O., Rad, and Enid. Their first exercise is looking each other in the eyes and saying "I love you". At the end of the episode, they walk into the sunset holding hands.
- In "Raymond's Way", both of them squee when Rad notices them during a fashion show
- In "Thank You for Watching the Show", they're shown getting married.
Brandon/A Real Magic Skeleton
- In "Plaza Prom", Brandon and A Real Magic Skeleton both lied about their prom dates and agree to dance together after they give their respective corsage to each other.
- Towards the end of "T.K.O.", the two try to flee from one of T.K.O.'s energy waves. R.M.S. is caught in the blast and falls apart, which prompts a horrified Brandon to scream, "My skeleton!" and turns to reach for him before succumbing to the blast.
- They end up having to share the wind ring in "The Power Is Yours!", leading to this.◊
- The entirety of "RMS and Brandon's First Episode", from the fact that Brandon spends the entire episode pleading for RMS not to leave, to them saying how much they love spending time together, to RMS actually saying "I love you" to Brandon. In the end, Brandon saves RMS, RMS misses the job opportunity, Mad Sam comes along, and he makes the two of them hug, which they both happily comply.
Lord Boxman/Professor Venomous
- There were several moments between Lord Boxman and Professor Venomous in "We're Captured". Boxman saw Venomous in bish-o-vision when he first walks in and is extremely flustered and eager to please him during their dinner date, and breaks down into Tears of Joy when Venomous says he wants to remain business partners. When Professor Venomous sees Boxman in the middle of an Unstoppable Rage fighting the Bodega employees, he takes a REAL hard look at Boxman, especially his suddenly muscular, gleaming body. He even sees him in the same bish-o-vision that Boxman saw him in earlier.
- Afterwards, Venomous asks Boxman to let him use the cannon against the Bodega employees. He fires the final shot with the rear of the cannon positioned at hip-level. And bear in mind that the ammunition is cream pies.
- "Villains' Night Out" is basically Venomous and Boxman going to a party and ending with Venomous proposing to Boxman before the two fly into the sunset.
- Despite Venomous being embarrassed and annoyed at Boxman's behavior throughout the party, he doesn't get mad or say anything bad about him. The ending reveals he actually respects Boxman's determination to fight against Gars' employees.
- The scene where they form a Villain Team-Up looks like Venomous is proposing to Boxman. The device he offers to Boxman is similar to a box to hold an engagement ring.
- In "Boxman Crashes," Boxman temporarily stays with Venomous at his house. While Fink is initially against this, Boxman wins her over by making her a souped-up tricycle (similar to a child accepting a step-parent). By the end of the episode, Venomous decides to buy Boxmore back from the Board of Villains, and he and Boxman become partners...business partners.
- When Boxman begs Venomous to let him stay over, he says, "It's been so long since I've been in an evil lab! I guess I just wanna... scratch that itch, y'know?" Note that him saying "scratch that itch" is punctuated by him grabbing Venomous's chest, with Venomous reacting somewhat nervously.
- Boxman also appears in varying states of undress in front of Venomous throughout the episode; first stripping to his underwear in one scene, and then later traipsing about in nothing more than a Modesty Towel. At no point does Venomous raise any objection to this (in fact, it's the only thing Boxman does that doesn't annoy him.)
- After their failed attempt to attack the Plaza, Boxman and Venomous are seen lounging comfortably next to each other in a smoldering crater as an audibly satisfied Venomous admits that he "enjoyed every moment of that," making it look like they just engaged in some Destructo-Nookie.
- The episode "All In the Villainy" portrays their relationship like a married couple who don't know how to make their children get along. Darrell even calls them both his "daddies".
- At one point it looks like they're having a pillow talk discussion in bed even though they're sitting upright in chairs.
- Ernesto has a talk with Venomous and Boxman partway through the episode, asking how they're feeling about their partnership. Boxman's language sounds exactly like someone worried he hurried into a relationship too quickly for his kids to cope. More importantly, though, is this very tender pose Boxman and Venomous are in for this whole discussion.
- After seeing Darrell and Fink get along, Boxman gently touches Venomous' hand.
- As they send Darrell and Fink to attack the Plaza, Boxman and Venomous are seen in this compromising pose that, out of context, looks more than a little... suspect.
- As of "KO, Rad, and Enid!", Raymond referred to Professor Venomous as his step-father. They're canon now, folks. Everyone go home.
- Let's Get Shadowy starts off with an awkward moment between Carol and Boxman while Carol is dropping off K.O. It's played very much like a lover meeting the ex-wife.
- In general, these two have gone from Professor Venomous stiffly telling Boxman not to touch him in "We're Captured" to them now casually touching with a certain amount of intimacy all the time.
- They were confirmed to be together, before breaking up after the events of "Dendy's Video Channel"
- In "Thank You for Watching the Show" they're both shown wearing rings, confirming that they got married.