open/close all folders
Konata in particular throughout the series makes heavy implications that she is into girls to some degree - from her playing of erotic dating games (often featuring explicit imagery of female characters) to her flirtatious nature with Kagami.
- She's occasionally pervy towards Miyuki, particularly in regards to Yuki's moe-isms. Kagami even calls her out for it, at one point saying "That sounds like something a middle-aged guy would say."
- Konata at one point comments on the attractiveness and moe-ness of some girls on a TV show she watches with Yutaka and her dad.
- It's probably an unintentional one, but there is some irony in the fact that when the girls take an online personality test to determine what kinds of sushi they are, Konata's comes up as ginger. Being "ginger" in some cultures is a slang term for being gay.
- Konata likes Aya Hirano a LOT.
- When she and Hiyori watch Miyuki and Minami practice dancing in episode 24, both girls are blushing and shown with delighted expressions on their faces. Konata then asks Hiyori if Miyuki can be considered sadistic, and if Minami can be considered masochistic.
Konata and Kagami
Though it may have happened as a byproduct of the anime adaption, the relationship between Konata and Kagami seems to extend into Pseudo-Romantic Friendship territory. Somebody documented all of the subtext here...
- Or at least so the Fan Fiction writers all believe. Most of it happens in episode 8 I think: first of all Konata refers to her "friendship" with Kagami responding "don't use words like friendship" (which leads me to believe there is some subtext in the original Japanese)- the joke is that Konata just wants Kagami's purchase points- with Kagami thinking to herself "That's what she thinks friendship means". Then while on the bus they are discussing email addresses and Konata annonces her address is "iluvgirlswithglasses", (remember Miyuki?). This by itself disturbs Kagami, but then when Konata goes on to say she wanted "iluvshrinemadiens" but it was too popular, Kagami really freaks out (since she and Tsukasa are actual shrine maidens).
- In one episode, Konata goads the girls into attending an anime music concert with her. Due to her shortness, though, she ends up not being able to see anything, at which point, Kagami, noticing this, trades seats with her. Konata then appears dazzled with the performance and honestly touched by Kagami's act of kindness. On the way home the other girls comment she is being quiet. Konata dodges the comment then says to herself, "What is this feeling?"
- Kagami from the OVA, "I want to *** with Konata!" The OVA is written by Kagami Yoshimizu himself.
- Evidently, Kagami Yoshimizu, the author of the manga, stated that the pairing was at least one-sided.
- There's also the scene where Kagami gives Konata some Valentine's Day chocolates, while blushing and claiming that she only made some because Tsukasa was making some.
- Konata: The fact that you worked so hard on making this even though you suck at cooking totally turns me on!
- Moderately suggested by "official" extras like Kagami's (Emiri Katou's) music CD, in which she sings rather affectionately for someone in a different class, who copies her homework and "gets emotionally moved at anime concerts."