I've travelled a long road to get here, Tyson. This is my life's work. Everything I've seen and everything I've done - and it all starts and ends with you.
- Kai being just a touch dramatic (dub)
- There's a lot of subtext between Takao and Rei. In Season 1 when Rei decides to leave the BBA after losing Driger, Takao becomes distressed and sets out alone to find him. When he finds Rei, he makes a bet with him stating that if Rei lost, we would have to come back to the team. However, Rei wins and Takao reaffirms that he can do as he pleases, but that the team had really wanted Rei back, even without his bit-beast. A few episodes later, Rei saves Takao's life in a landslide, twisting his ankle in the process. Rei advises Takao to go on ahead without him, but Takao refuses and carries Rei on his back all the way to the beyblade stadium. In "A Wicked Wing Blows", Takao is the most vocal in supporting and encouraging Rei. By the end of the episode, they even hold hands and Takao swears to win the next round against Yuriy for Rei. In Season 3, Takao gets very upset, more so with Rei than Max or Kai, when they decide to leave and join their old teams. He gets in Rei's face and taunts him prompting Max to defend him. As the matter is settled and Max begins to walk away, Takao doesn't even glance at him and continues to hold onto Rei's shirt, unable to make himself let go. Later on when Rei eventually joins back up with Takao, he becomes frustrated and a battle escalates between them, which results in a very near win as Driger stops only a second before Dragoon. After the battle, Rei thanks Takao for letting him fight him at his best and Takao confesses "I think you were the strongest opponent I've ever fought against.".
- Takao and Kai get their own share of this. Takao is always the first one to try and get Kai to open up to the rest of the group, and easily the most hurt by Kai's brief FaceHeel Turn in Season 1, outright crying when Kai turns his back on them in front of the abbey. Their Season 3 match involves a fair bit of soulful staring and a vision of them waking up on a beach together under a meteor shower among other things. The dub even has Max and Rei snarking about them sounding Like an Old Married Couple.
- There is also a lot of subtext between Kai and Rei, especially in Season 2.
- And then there is Max, who is rather fond of tackling Takao to the ground.
- There's also Takao/Kyōju. Kyōju blushes a lot whenever he's complimented by Takao.
- Hiromi's I Just Want to Be You-type obsession with Ming-Ming is... interesting. Ming-Ming captures the attention of most female bladers for being the most succesful female blader at that time, but no one goes at it the way Hiromi does, which includes dressing up as a Magical Girl herself to become Ming-Ming's opponent. The dub tones it down a little by making Ming-Ming a tad bitchier, while in the original Hiromi's attitude is unprovoked.
- Before and during the Japanese tournament in the manga, Suzuka's devotion to Kai can be interpreted like this. The scene where he reaches out for an injured Kai is notable.
- There's Yūya, whose attitude towards Kai blurs the line between fanboying and outright guycrush. It leads to him being used by the villains and at best becoming institutionalized, at worst dying. This weighs on Kai considerably during his fight against Gōki possessed by Cyber Dranzer - when he sees Gōki's Mind-Control Eyes, he starts having flashbacks and finds himself unable to fight. Even after he snaps back to reality, he can't match Cyber Dranzer... until Gōki starts insulting Yūya, at which point Kai goes into Unstoppable Rage. To top it off, his victory is accompanied by a montage of their scenes together.
- Cyber Dragoon and Dragoon. They got WAY too physical with their fight, like Dragoon getting draped on CD's arm. Or the simple fact that Dragoon didn't want to end the battle, going as far as disobeying Tyson. That probably didn't happened before or again.
- The dub has Salvador invite Max to come learn the Samba under his tutelage in a way that can only be described as flirty.
- Brad Best and A. J. Topper in the dub have moments of this.