- In Total Drama fanfic Courtney's Crusade for Redemption'' Courtney and Gwen, once they rekindle their friendship.
- In Total Drama Comeback, Katie says that she knows people think that she and Sadie are weird for acting and dressing identically, but she honestly believes that the two of them are soulmates, albeit in a platonic sense. The two are still as boy-crazy as in canon, however, and Katie winds up dating Noah not long after.
- The fic Mortality definitely has this with Holmes and Watson. Plus, there's some massive ass-kicking. Here's one example that lampshades the friendship dynamic, which doubles as a boast which is passionate and scary. Basically, for a Combat Medic he's ruthless with the criminals if his friend's life is on the line."If your masters actions destroy him whom I regard as the best and wisest man I have ever known, make no mistake that I shall hunt down, to a man, everyone who played a part in his destruction."
- Lightning Bolt and Cloud Kicker from Ace Combat: Equestria Chronicles.
- Alone on the Water uses this trope by name when talking about how difficult it is to define Sherlock and John's relationship. John remembers that Sherlock was amused when Harry referred to them as this.
- In the pro wrestling story A Ring of Their Own, Ivory and Molly Holly are portrayed like this. Ivory is the one who convinced Molly to finally come out of retirement and wrestle again. When Molly won the FWF Title, the first thing she did was hug Ivory.
- In Empath: The Luckiest Smurf, Empath Smurf and Polaris Psyche are considered this, although Polaris is more asexual than heterosexual.
- Akane ends up with two in Fist of the Moon: her best friend Ranma and her pseudo-cousin Ami.
- Fuzzy Memories has Bari and Brick. Despite the latter commonly causing errors and nearly ruining it, the two always end up coming back to one another and have possibly one of the strongest friendships in the game, which is debateably only matched by Doc and Zetsu, who are one of the only friendships in the game that are implied to still be consistent and healthy due to the two living close to one another, and the other is always the one they go to for advice and help.
- In the Star Trek fanfic Heroes, Surak compares Kirk and Spock's relationship to the "warrior bond-brothers" he observed in his own day.
- The Heterosexual Life-Partnership of Soarin and Braeburn by Draconian Soul has this trope as the title and basic premise of the story.
- In Calamity Jane Meets Doctor Isles, while Jane and Maura are romantically involved, as the fic is set in the Wild West in the mid-1800s, they essentially pose as this to avoid questions about their relationship. As they argue, if anyone asks why two attractive women are living together rather than getting married, they will claim that theyve concluded that no man would be able to understand their desire to continue in their chosen fields even if they got married, Jane working as a sheriff's deputy while Maura is the town doctor, so theyve chosen not to bother about marriage.
- In The London Syndicate, Poirot and Hastings are this, as in canon.
- Holiday Vacation and Lucky Star: After Story portrays original characters Mariko Aratani and Chiyoko Sakamoto as this. Both of them have boyfriends, however the two girls are almost never seen apart, and have been best friends since their first day of kindergarten back in 1996.
- Ring Man and Magnet Man in Mega Man Recut.
- Jamie and the Doctor are this via Rose of Pollux's work. As in canon, of course.
- The first ten chapters of Sugar Rush Stories seem to exist specifically to make sure everyone is involved in this trope.
- The relationship between Ozpin and Perturabo in Perturabo In Remnant is one of brotherly love, complete with the tendency to cause mischief against each other. Indeed, given that Ozpin assumed the role of big brother mentor to Perturabo shortly after he arrived on Remnant, the two of them are basically family and share a bond of trust that is unbreakable.
- Three Months a Fox has Kivo Nychi and Rigel Trich, a red wolf and African wild dog who have been close friends for over twenty years of their lives, and share a pack bond so strong that they have formed what is essentially an empathic bond with each other via a pack-oriented predator phenomena known In-Universe as 'Scent Empathy'.
- Touhou Ibunshu plays up Reimu and Marisa's canon HLP status for all it's worth (turns out Marisa isn't heterosexual though, but she ends up with someone else instead) and also adds Remilia and Sakuya, Yuyuko and Youmu, and Yukari and Ran, revolving much of the drama and heartwarming moments around their respective intensely close relationships. Kaguya and Eirin are not an example however, as they're Happily Married.
- Valkron and Emeth, and Khan and Amaru, in Warriors of the World: Soldiers of Fortune.
- Commander Alex Vaughn and Terrias the Servine are this in The Terminators: Army of Legend series.
- Metroid: Kamen Rider Generations give us Mitsuzane and Gou. Overtime, Gou becomes one of the three people Mitsuzane trusts and is close to, no matter how obnoxious he is.
- In a deliberate contrast to all the Slash Fic in the Death Note fandom, Rules has Elijah/L McCormick and Light Yagami. The sequel introduces another pair of life-partners in Lily and Charlie, who function as their respective love interests.
- In A.A. Pessimal's Gap Year Adventure, two newly graduate Assassins decide to tour the Discworld's most remote and least well-known continent together, just for the fun of it. A attitudinal Cenotian and a hardy colonial, bonded in seven years' adversity at the Disc's toughest school as non-socially-connected foreigners in Ankh-Morpork, are close as sisters. They can even joke about the degree of (platonic) closeness they have.Mariella. We're naked in a bed together. This is a Hell of a time for you to come out as gay.
- In another story, flying Witches Olga Romanoff and Irena Politek are tasked with recce missions to get an idea of where two opposing armies, a few days march from each other, are up to with mobilisation, and how soon they will meet and come to blows. Olga returns on time from her mission. Irena doesn't. Olga is seen anxiously watching the Hubwards sky when her best friend becomes seriously overdue from her flight. Naturally, when Irena returns, seriously late, on a Pegasus that has been wounded by ground fire, Olga downplays her concern and pretends she wasn't that worried. Irena is not fooled by this.
- Remus and Sirius in the A Bond of Family series. They hold hands in public, hug to comfort each other, know each other extremely well and aren't afraid to cry in front of each other.Kingsley: Yes, once it became clear that Sirius and James were never going to become an item despite their obvious closeness, the general mass at Hogwarts became convinced that Sirius and Remus were together. Which they unknowingly fuelled by often walking hand in hand and never dating while getting a flat together after leaving Hogwarts.
Harry: That sounds like them, yes. They are both brilliant, but completely naive when it comes to the reactions their behaviour causes in others.
- In The Berserkers Bride, Vessa acts like an older sister to Hiccup, teaching her how to be a wife to Dagur, looking after her while she's pregnant and even saving her from an assassination attempt.
- Alberta and Saskatchewan in the iammathewian project. Although whether there is evidence of it being a bit more romantic or not is up for debate.
- In To Hell and Back (Arrowverse):
- Star Wars: Lineage has Obi-Wan Kenobi and Garen Muln. Bicker, snark, and wrestle with each other they may, but they always have each other's backs, no matter what.
- More often than not, the Glee fandom will take minor Warblers Nick and Jeff and turn them into this. Although they're practically one of the most shipped couples outside of the main characters.
- Yesterday Upon The Stair has Izuku and Shouto become incredibly close, to the point of sharing a dorm room. However, when they are Mistaken for Gay by the rest of the class, they're quick to clarify that their relationship is definitely not a romantic one, and Word of God confirms both to be asexual. The first person who seems to get it is Nejire of all people, on account of her two best friends Mirio and Amajiki apparently having the same kind of relationship.
Heterosexual Life Partners / Fan Works