- Joey and Tristan stay behind to draw an obsessive crowd of duelists while Tea helps Yugi escape.
- Yugi is very concerned when he sees Kaiba in his vision, and the first thing he does when he sees Mokuba is ask if he's okay.
- Before they duel Kaiba, Yugi wonders about the Pharaoh's battle with Anubis in the past. Yami Yugi says what matters most is that they face the future together. To add to the heartwarming, it's one of the few times they call each other "partner" in the English dub.
- Yami Yugi is near tears when Yugi's first sucked into the Puzzle, and he angrily asks Kaiba if he has any idea what he just did.
- When Yami Yugi collapses and weakens Yugi through synchronization, Joey and Tristan help him up and walk him the rest of the way to Anubis's tomb.
- Yugi gets tough to protect his protector when he hears Anubis saying he is going to revive using Yami's lifeforce. Yugi isn't going to stand for someone hurting his friend, even if it means going up against a sorcerer.Yugi: We're not going to stand here while you suck the life out of others to save yourself. We're going to take you down, Anubis!
- Tea's first reaction upon sensing her friends are in trouble is to jump into the Pyramid and help. She reminds Yugi of their friendship symbol they drew, giving him, Joey, and Tristan the resolve to stay and fight.
- When Anubis tells the Pharaoh that his friends have already fallen, Yami immediately checks to see if he's telling the truth. When he realizes Yugi and his friends are still alive, his voice is pained and near tears as he vows to fight to protect them.
- The several moments where Pegasus, the anime's original Big Bad, helps out.
- Kaiba trusts regular Yugi enough to let him summon the Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and destroy Anubis. He may have disdain for Yugi's friends and his concept of friendship, but he trusts Yugi himself to get the job done if he can't.
- After Kaiba leaves, Yugi comments that while he has a lot of money, he doesn't have the Puzzle or friends like Yugi does, going on to say that victory means nothing unless you can share it with the people you love.
Heartwarming / Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light