- Losing to Joey results in one of the most heartwarming Game Overs of all time.Joey: Alllll right! I beat Yugi all by myself!!
Yami Yugi: Argh... Yes, you did, Joey.
Joey: Yugi, I won, but Im sure it was just luck. A miracle, even.
Yami Yugi: No... Joey, you defeated me because you were the better duelist. There's no need to diminish your achievement in any way!
Joey: Thanks, Yuge!
- If Tea is winning against you she may say all her practice matches with Joey paid off, while if Tristan's winning he may wonder if this means he's better than Joey. It's heartwarming to see him as a measuring stick for his friends' skills.
- Losing to Tea makes her ecstatic that she won, and ends in a Ship Tease.Tea: I won! I can't believe it! I actually beat Yugi!
Yami Yugi: I can't believe I've lost!
Tea: Oh, I'm sure it was just pure luck. Still, its game over for you, Yugi.
Yami Yugi: Yes... Unfortunately, youre right. But it was an excellent duel, so I have no regrets. Lets duel again sometime, Tea!
Tea: Y-yeah. Thats a promise!
- Ryou Bakura's intro has him realize that as long as he has fun, the duel will be smashing regardless of the outcome.
- One of Ryou's quotes when losing is to compliment Yugi's skills.Ryou: Ahh... Yugi, you truly are the best duelist!
- Losing to Odion has both duelists promise to never give up when they meet again.
- Winning against Odion has him congratulate you and feel that you can win the whole tournament.
- Losing Shadi's first match has him encourage you to do better.Yami Yugi: Argh... I never had a chance...
Shadi: No, thats not true. It was a good match, though you may not think so at this moment. Farewell, Yugi.
- Sometimes when you lose a monster in battle, Yami Yugi will apologize to it.
Heartwarming / Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum