- Fei, as Id, is trying to kill Elly when they are both in their gears, fighting above Yggdrasil. Moving in for the kill, he gets grabbed by Elly, and he demands that Elly let him go. Elly responds with "Fei... I won't ever let go!" She manages to turn him back into Fei.
- After the party defeats Deus, Elly attempts to move it into space, so Deus won't wipe out the party when it self-destructs. Since everyone's Gears were powered by Deus, all they can do is watch Elly perform another Heroic Sacrifice...until Fei chimes in, and Flight starts up one last time.Fei: Wait! There is still something I can do!
- Karen's last moments. Even though she was possessed by the biggest monster in the entire game, as soon as Miang relinquishes control, Karen takes an Ether bolt to the back to save young Fei.
- Let's not forget the hidden scene in the lighthouse where we see 1)the story of Emeralda's creation and 2)Emeralda being hugged by her "father" and willing herself to grow up so she can be more helpful to him.
"Celebrating my daughter's birth... may all the dreams, courage & love in the world be yours..."
- Even before this, Emeralda's giddy fit after recognizing Fei for the first time in 4000 years is adorable, especially since she's normally so reticent.
- After the scenes in Zeboim, go back to Citan's house. Remember that music box Citan showed Fei near the beginning of the game? The one that had been excavated from some old ruins? The one that Fei said the music sounded familiar? Check the side of the box...
- After the final confrontation:Elly: Will we make it in time?
Fei (holds out his hand): Can you run?
Elly: If we're together, I can. (takes Fei's hand)
- Despite the horrific events and loss of life towards the end of the game, if you explore a bit towards the end you can find that a surprising number of NPCs you met throughout the game (The D Block Doctor, Crew of the Thames, Crew of the Yggdrasil, Big Joe, the Elements, the Gebel gear squad etc.) did in fact survive everything going on. Perhaps the casualties weren't quite as bad and the many times the party saved people early on wasn't completely in vain in the end.
Heartwarming / Xenogears