- The opening sequence, with the little plane flying around Nantucket to the gentle sounds of Franz Schubert's Sonata in A.
- In the episode with Cliff Clavin from Cheers, an interviewer wants to interview Joe, but Brian is more interesting. Near the end, Joe tells Brian on the phone "I wish I could be more like you". Brian tells Joe that he switched the phone to a game, and after Joe hangs up:Brian: Sometimes I wish I was more like you too.
- The ending of "It's Not the Thought, It's the Gift," when Helen realizes the cameo Joe gave her used to belong to his mother.
- The episode "Life Could Be a Dream" in which the four dig up a time capsule with letters they wrote, predicting their future. Helen reads hers, in which she is a famous musician. At the end, it is revealed that she made up the letter, and her real letter said that she would marry Joe Hackett.
- The series ends with a double instance: After Brian decides to quit the airline and go off to a tropical island, Helen receives an opportunity to study music in Vienna. Joe tells her she should do it, even though going with her means giving up the airline that's all he's ever wanted, because he's had the thing he wanted all this time, and it's Helen's turn to get what she wants. At the very last minute, Brian can't stand it and forgoes the tropical island to run the airline for Joe until he gets back.Joe: I don't understand why you're doing this.Brian: Let's just say it's your turn.
- The end of the "Joe Blows" two-parter. Joe can't take the pressure of running the business anymore, and Brian sees for himself how hard it really is. They agree to become partners and share the burden.
Heartwarming / Wings