- The scene where Ray sings "Little Deuce Coupe" as a lullaby to Rachel. From that moment on, you can tell how much closer they are.
- Ray also notices her horse show ribbon, something she's been trying to show him since the early scenes.
- When Ray comes back after killing Ogilvy, and Rachel goes over to him and sits on his lap, and they fall asleep together. You can feel the sheer relief they're both feeling.
- Also, Ray's reaction upon realizing what he has to do. He slowly comes out of the basement, stares at Rachel for a moment, then rushes over to her and hugs her tight. Tom Cruise's acting is amazing in that moment.
- Ray and Rachel's reunion in the tripod basket. She's traumatized and doesn't even register that he's there. Ray just keeps repeating her name over and over, hoping to snap her out of it. Slowly, she starts to look at him as he keeps saying her name. And then she smiles in recognition and whispers, "Dad?"
- When the last tripod comes down, Ray hugs Rachel close and tenderly reassures her that it's going to be okay. It's incredibly cathartic after seeing the aliens' defeat.Ray: (whispering) It's okay. I love you. It's okay. You're going to be okay.
- If you listen closely, Rachel starts crying in response to this.
- All of the interactions between Robbie and Rachel. It's clear that they're very close and care for one another.
Heartwarming / War of the Worlds