- Vyvyan actually being upset over SPG's death, even if it's in a somewhat Black Comedy way.
- It's easy to forget that very shortly after this, it appears Rick runs away when the police sirens draw near. Despite everything, when he somehow manages to steal a double-decker bus, he immediately comes back for Vyv, Mike and Neil.
- In "Flood", Neil comes back from the shops while it's pissing it down with rain. While he forgot breakfast, he rescued several kittens on the way.
- I think that's more a Visual Pun about it "raining cats and dogs" than the result of Neil rescuing kittens...
- The audience goes "awww" when Neil reveals it's his birthday. None of the guys care, but still.
- Vyvyan actually introducing Mike and Neil as his friends in "Bored", especially considering he usually attacks Neil almost as much as he does Rick.
- One on a meta level, taking hints from this and Bottom. What did people do when Rik Mayall died? Left memorials for The Peoples' Poet in Hammersmith, near where Bottom was filmed, and did so as an actual shrine to him.
- In "Bambi" when Neil begins crying recalling a scene in the Disney movie of the same name, Rick asks him what the matter is and actually sounds genuinely (if only a little bit) concerned.
- Earlier in the episode when the laundry machine refuses to take their clothes, Vyvyan actually helps out without complaint when Neil asks.
- The scene with the guys on the bus in the final episode; they're all acting like genuine friends for the first time in the series, there's no bickering or fighting between any of them, just them truly acting like pals.
Heartwarming / The Young Ones