- After too many TV episodes of evil step-parents during the cartoon's run, we finally get to see one who is not. Sure, Victor may be embarrassing, but biological parents can be, too. When Patrick's father left, Victor stepped up to fill in the empty hole left behind, without even being asked to, and even took the burden of being the reason Patrick's parrot had to go so as not to upset Patrick. The movie's right; it really does take something special for a step-parent to do that, and it's something which people really need to be more aware of in the real world.
- Papa Smurf doing the same for Smurfette and then the Naughties.
- Despite his grievances with his stepfather, Patrick appears to have facilitated a relationship between Victor and Blue, if Blue's excited reactions, calling him Grandpa Vicster and Victor spoiling him with birthday presents is anything to go by.
- While it was an act at first, Vexy did actually get scared when Hackus was in danger at the candy store
- Grace and Smurfette's interaction here might be brief, but it's truly touching to see Smurfette introduce Vexy as her sister and Grace immediately observe that this makes Vexy her sister too, acknowledging her and Smurfette's bonding moments from the last film.
Heartwarming / The Smurfs 2