- Several already in the first chapter alone.
- Lily, Remus, Sirius and James all standing up for Mary.
- Lily and Mary's budding friendship at the end.
- Mary trying to defend Lily from Mulciber.
- The amount of love Mary has for her family.
- Lily and Severus' friendship.
- In particular, any scene in which Severus is internally discussing how much he loves Lily.
- How she takes care of him in Chapter Two, and how she tries to help him with his home life in general.
- Literally all of their interactions in Chapter Four.
- How scared Lily is in Chapter Six when she learns that he went down to the Whomping Willow.
- The fact that every morally questionable deed Severus does is to protect Lily.
- His present to her in Chapter Ten.
- Severus getting angry at Mulciber for speaking of Lily in a degrading manner in Chapter 12.
- Lily and Severus just hanging out under the beech tree in Chapter 15, enjoying each other's company.
- Marlene's article defending werewolves. It's even more heartwarming when you realize she most likely realizes Remus is one, and that probably encouraged her to write it. (See the Fridge Brilliance page.)
- Also the fact that she doesn't regret it for an instant, despite the flak she gets for it.
- Mary bonding with Lily and her friends.
- Lily's friends preparing for Lily's birthday.
- Sirius walking Mary back to the Common Room when he sees she's scared to walk there herself after the incident with Mulciber.
- Sirius' genuine affection for Mary in general is this.
- Regulus' relationship with Kreacher, and the fact that a memory of Kreacher is what encourages him to catch the Snitch in Chapter 12.
- Sirius and Regulus making up in Chapter 13, as well as how worried Sirius was for him before then.
- Sirius' apology to Remus, and the boys' pillow fight afterwards.
- The Knightbus driver's concern for Bertha in "Betrayal", despite being a complete stranger.
- In the same chapter, Lily's kindness to Bertha cheering her up enough to try and move on.
- Evangeline's affection for Kitty encouraging her-Evangeline- to be a nicer person.
Heartwarming / The Light in the Dark