- In Chapter 2:
- In the strip after Sarin reveals her feelings for Mori:Sarin [wrapping up her speech]: I didn't want to make things awkward between us, but I felt like I would explode if I didn't tell you the truth. [sighs] ...I feel better at least getting that out.
Mori [sighing]: ...you know, I came to accept a long time ago that I was, at best, a merely plain-looking woman, but it's pretty disturbing to realize that I'm more attractive as a man.
Mori: Well, as long as we're being completely honest now ... you look a lot better without a moustache.
Sarin: You —! Ahahahahaha! Now that's the stuff I love to talk about!
- The same strip leads into our learning that Aki's pickup line to Goro has also had happy results for them both.
- Upon discovering everyone else in the house sleeping with each other, Kili summons the Capricious Spirit of Love to ask what's going on. Said spirit proceeds to mock and tease her into realizing that her co-workers have only acted on their feelings, and that she can find love too, if she looks for it.
- In the strip after Sarin reveals her feelings for Mori:
- Near the end of Chapter 4, when Kili talks to Mori about how depressing it is that Tomo died so young, and Mori reassures and comforts her.
- In Chapter 5, Tomo coming back to help Kili, and telling her: "Don't you think you deserve a little help, unasked for?"
- Two in Chapter 6:
Mori: Mmm? When did you sneak in here?
- The morning after the full moon, when Greg wakes up next to Kili. (Subverted a moment later when Sarin awws over the pair of them.)
- At the end, while Mori is getting some sleep after the excitement of the previous night.
Sarin: Hey, I was tired too. And I felt like snuggling.
Mori: Oh. Carry on, then.
Sarin [grinning]: Hee hee.
- In Chapter 7:
- In Chapter 8, Tanica makes Aki cry when she tries to get Aki to spend her spare time with her friends rather than "being nursemaid to a whiny tree". After talking to Sarin, Tanica apologizes, and after accepting her apology, Aki asks:Aki: You said I should spend my time with my friends... do you count?
[Cut to Tanica's image, eyes wide]
Tanica [smiling]: I really think you could do better than me ... but sure, why not.
- In Chapter 12, Mori's reunion with her long-thought dead parents.
- Chapter 13 has five in close succession:
- First, after Goro is healed from being burnt by Smith:Goro: So, I owe you my life.
Tanica: You saved me first.
Goro: Tanica, when you save someone's life, you don't just save that person. You save all their loved ones from grief, you save everything they might do, and everyone they themselves might go on to save. You save a whole world when you save one person's life, so I hope you understand I mean it when I say "thank you" for saving mine.
Tanica: Oh... well, you're welcome.
- Second, after the Dragon Doctors learn how Tanica kept Goro alive, the way they immediately set forth to try to save her life — even though Tanica can't understand why they would bother.
- Third, when the phoenix egg brings her back to life (in unexpectedly human form):Goro: Her vitals are pretty good... Tanica, can you hear me?
Tanica [sitting up abruptly]: Waaah! Whuh! Aaah!
Goro: Easy! Take it easy!
Tanica: I was burning... am I in hell?
Goro: Not anymore.
- Fourth, when Blue explains why she's not sending Tanica to jail.
- Fifth, when Tanica finally accepts that the Dragon Doctors think of her as one of them and tells them her real name: Elka.
- First, after Goro is healed from being burnt by Smith:
- In Chapter 17, we learn what Goro was doing in the moments before she passed out unconscious at Tanica's roots: writing Aki's name in the soil. Because she realized at that moment that dying to prove she was a badass wasn't worth hurting the people who cared about her.
- In Chapter 19, after a demon tries to destroy Mori by asking her questions while stealing her memory of the answers, thereby leaving her an empty husk:
- ...she gets rescued by someone she helped, but never knew: one of Speedball's Patreon donors.Speedball: By now you should have figured out that the demon that Mori's fighting isn't her worst enemy. It's MINE.
- ...and then returns to fight the demon once more by making up a whole history for herself to replace what the demon stole, and finally answering the Armor-Piercing Question that the demon used to deliver its final blow: "Why does Sarin love you?"
- ...she gets rescued by someone she helped, but never knew: one of Speedball's Patreon donors.
- In Chapter 20, a glimpse of Goro and Aki with their child, Hitomi.
- In Chapter 22, the conversation between Greg and Kili after Kili has been turned male.