- Having the Clothier arrive can lead to the realization that the old man was freed from his curse after all.
- Freeing the Tax Collector from his torment in the Underworld with Purification Powder. His gratitude is... questionable, but considering he is literally called "Tortured Soul" before purification, it's a pretty safe assumption you've done the right thing.
- Several of the paintings that can be randomly found throughout the world can be very heartwarming. The painting "Sparky" features an image of Redigit and Cenx's deceased pet dog; the tooltip reads "In loving memory". "Terrarian Gothic" shows an image of the Mechanic and Goblin Tinkerer together, a romantic pairing that is heavily implied elsewhere in-game. Finally, there are quite a few paintings about boss battles, implying that the player's adventures have become so legendary that Terrarian artists have recorded them for posterity in the form of paintings.
- As mentioned above, the Goblin Tinkerer and Mechanic both heavily hint towards having reciprocated crushes on each other. Its a small detail, but having this sweet smart girl-smart guy Interspecies Romance in what is otherwise a bit of a Crapsaccharine World filled with zombies and giant demon eyeballs adds just a touch of awwww to the game. (Especially considering their similar backgrounds, both tied up and left to rot among monsters, only to be rescued by you)
- A Meta example or example from outside of the game may be that updates to the game have been provided to expand on the game over years past its initial release and the continued updates have been going eight years since the initial release and the updates have all been free.
Heartwarming / Terraria