For a very dramatic, serious and sometimes dark Fanfic, Tales of Fate still manages to have it's tender moments. Most of them moments shared between Drake and Yang.
- After getting into an argument with Blake about the White Fang, Drake leaves in a huff and falls asleep under the shade of a tree. When he comes to, Yang has found him but instead of waking him up, decided to let him use her lap as a pillow
- She states that many would want to be in his position, to which Drake replies, "I'm not many".
- Drake eventually gives in and continues to rest on Yang's lap
- Yang helps Drake open up and explain the reason behind his hatred for the White Fang, almost bringing him to tears
- After being sleep deprived for three days, Drake heads to his favorite bar, but is trailed by Yang
- He ends up telling her about the relationship he had with his brother and how much of an impact he had in his life
- After hearing Yang give him helpful advice, Drake laughs, reminiscing his brother before giving Yang a sincere "thank you".
- Then... they Almost Kiss, if not for the ringing of Yang's scroll.
- During the big ball, Drake dances not only with Yang, but also with Weiss and Cinder Fall.
- Out of the three of them, it was with Yang that Drake felt 100% comfortable, never breaking eye-contact with her and even losing himself in her eyes.