- One of the new items introduced in the December 2015 update is the Fire Koopa Clown Car, which spits fireballs directly ahead. This item is completely unique to Super Mario Maker and was made by the devs in response to the large number of levels that give Mario a Fire Flower and a Koopa Clown Car to replicate a scrolling shooter. The devs said the number of levels made using this concept took them by surprise, but it was way too awesome not to make a part of the game.
- JayHez clears "You Are a Monster", which is a level designed by Ross O'Donovan to kill countless Yoshis and call the player out on letting them die, without sacrificing a single Yoshi. Even in an environment of cynicism, you can show kindness and still persevere through determination.
- A level called Depression. The level simulates moments of depression and panic attacks, while later providing encouraging and uplifting words to the player towards the end.
- PK Sparkxx has one major rule: He will not clear a course that requires leaving Yoshi behind.
- Peach is genuinely touched to find that Bowser (or rather a Mystery Costume of him) went out of his way to rescue her in the Normal or higher modes of the 100-Mario Challenge.
Heartwarming / Super Mario Maker