Splatoon | Splatoon 2 | Splatoon 3
Unmarked spoilers below.
- After five years since the bands disbanding, die hard fans of Squid Squad can rest easy now that its original three members, Ichiya, Namida and Murasaki, return to the music scene with a new member under a new name, Front Roe.
- Cuttlefish has no problem whatsoever recruiting an Octoling as the New Agent 3, to stop what he assumes being an new Octarian attack. The events of the Octo Expansion definitely had a positive impact on him.
- At the beginning of Story Mode, when Cuttlefish first greets New Agent 3, Smallfry begins to wander around the area. While Cuttlefish is a little startled, he has no problems with the little guy, even stating he can be an agent too.
- During the Story Mode, at the end of the building montage where the Squid Sisters and the Captain build the device to get rid of the Fuzzy Ooze, Callie glomps Marie, who smiles happily.
- As it turns out, Deep Cut are actually very noble people and the reason they wanted the treasure so badly was because they wanted to help out the less fortunate people in Splatsville. In addition, once the New Squidbeak Splatoon gives them the treasure after using it, they gladly decide to join them and their cause in saving Cap'n Cuttlefish, and even help New Agent 3 in the lead-in final battle.
- At the very end of the story, after defeating the first phase of Mr. Grizz, New Agent 3 is knocked off the destroyed shuttle, left seemingly hopeless to drift in space... Before DJ Octavio himself charges in with a repaired Octobot King L3.Gs to bring New Agent 3 to solid ground, begins blasting the Calamari Inkantation, and lends the New Squidbeak Splatoon his new and improved Octobot King to take down Mr. Grizz! It's as awesome as it is nice to see that, despite his stated disdain for Cap'n Cuttlefish and his crew, he's not letting someone like Mr. Grizz take them out that easily, even if it means acknowledging those squidtastic grooves that have led to his downfall before.
- Once Deep Cut realizes that Agents 1 and 2 are actually the Squid Sisters, they are beyond excited to realize that they technically work for them now, and Shiver is quick to propose the idea of the two music groups going on tour together.
- The above event is during the end of the single player campaign. What happens when you see Deep Cut again after beating the story campaign? Once you've looked at them long enough, they'll wave to you more enthusiastically, now that they've recognised you as the hero who saved the world from getting covered in Fuzzy Ooze. One can consider that as their way of thanking you for your valor and heroism in the face of a doomsday event.
- Sunken Scroll 20 is a description of the 100th episode of Marie's radio show, featuring Callie and Marie accidentally going over time and chatting for over 5 hours. There's no repeat of the strained relationship that contributed to the events of Splatoon 2's campaign; the two of them have more than repaired their life-long bond and are once again the closest of friends.
- Speaking of, anyone upset that Callie got the short end of the stick for pretty much all of Splatoon 2's story mode will be pleasently surprised here, as she gets a much larger role. She acts as the voice of reason for the team, follows New Agent 3 around Alterna, gives them Power Eggs from time to time, and cheers Agent 3 on the most during gameplay.
- If you idle in Alterna, you can sometimes hear Smallfry sing the Calamari Inkantation. It's as adorable as you think it is. And it's extra adorable when it joins in with the Squid Sisters and Deep Cut in singing during the final boss. That melody really is heavenly to even touch the heart of a salmonid.
- The bond between New Agent 3 and Smallfry is always adorable, but a particular moment comes once you beat Mr. Grizz. Smallfry's transformation wears off and New Agent 3 catches them. Smallfry then wastes no time climbing back into the ink tank, which causes 3 to smile.
- The Gear vs Grub vs Fun splatfest ends on a sweet note, as beyond some minor grovelling about their loss, Deep Cut foregoes any animosity they could possibly have, and simply talk about joining forces on their own deserted island adventure. Frye even affirms that she loves her friends.Frye: "Whoa, whoa. All we need is the three of us to have a blast. Love ya. Mean it!"
- Mr. Coco proves to be an incredibly kind person to new Inklings/Octolings, giving them encouragement if they aren't considered fresh enough to shop, generally being kind and understanding, and even being a Graceful Loser if he is defeated by the player in Tabletop Turf Battles.
- In a way, the big revelation in the Alterna Logs: While humanity ultimately went extinct despite their best efforts, the special crystals containing their desires and hopes that they used for their sky display ended up seeping into the water. Marine life was affected by these crystals, being imbued with those hopes and desires that eventually encouraged them to crawl onto the surface, and eventually become the Inklings, Octolings, and other marine beings that now call the world of Splatoon home, picking up where humans left off. They truly are humanity's successors, despite a certain genocidal A.I's beliefs.
- The bond between New Agent 3 and Smallfry is unquestionable, but the little guy has also earned the adoration of the playerbase, to the point where it's not uncommon to see immediate concern for its safety upon seeing it hanging out in high and rather precarious spots in Splatsville and Inkopolis.