- The Small Railway Engines immediately start trying to cheer Thomas up when he arrives at their junction feeling dejected over being sent away from his branch line.
- Though the former appears hostile at first, Sailor John and Skiff are actually very friendly with Thomas, and they conveniently arrive whenever Thomas is at an emotional low point in the story. Unfortunately, Sailor John wasn't actually that kind...
- Most of Ryan's interactions with Thomas are really warming to look at, and it's clear he just wants to be friends with the blue engine. Unfortunately, Thomas thinks Ryan arrived to replace him, and remains cold most of the movie.
- When they finally start talking on happier terms, though, the first thing Ryan after when Thomas admits to knowing about the bad coal that nearly caused a disaster? All he does is invite Thomas into the shed. Later that night, his concern for Thomas causes him to be at Arlesdale Junction just in time to help stop the Pirate Ship.
- Skiff allowing Thomas to derail and potentially destroy him. He's willing to put everything he can into stopping the chase, and his friendship with Thomas really shows in these scenes.
- Though he spent most of the movie being unusually strict and sometimes even losing his temper, Sir Topham Hatt's words after the treasure chase are quite possibly the most warming things we've heard from him in the entire show.Thomas: I'm... so sorry, sir. It's all my fault. I know it is. I—
Sir Topham Hatt: Thomas, there's nothing to be sorry about. I'm proud of you. Ryan told me everything. I know you did your best to stop that pirate from getting away.
Thomas: But...I wasn't quick enough to save the treasure, sir.
Sir Topham Hatt: Please don't worry about the treasure, Thomas. My engines are much more important to me than any treasure. And you, Thomas, are my number one!
- Seeing Thomas' number 1 on his side feels so much more wonderful after the climax. It was covered in grime for most of the movie, and Thomas even thought he had been replaced completely by Ryan, even going as far as to say he was no longer number one.
- Sir Topham Hatt allows Thomas to cut the ribbon and open up the new branch line.
- The lyrics to "We Make a Team Together" are really warming in themselves.We make a team together (One, two, three)
We go full steam together (Him, you, me)
Best of friends forever will be (Yeah, yeah!)
Heartwarming / Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure