- As Karl prepares to leave, he sits by the lake with his new best friend, the boy Frank. Karl gingerly puts his arm around Frank and says, "I love you, boy." Not a dry eye in my head when I first saw it.
- After Karl revisits his home and gives a "Reason You Suck" Speech to his senile/insane old father, he visits the gravesite he created so long ago for his premature little brother and honors him briefly... "Little feller."
- Karl proclaims that he'd never hurt Linda or Frankie, and would lay his hand on the Bible and say the same thing.
- Despite not seeming to be interested in Melinda, Karl Keeps the flowers she gave him.
- Everybody except Doyle seems to get along with Karl just fine. Even Doyle's band.
- "That boy, he lives in his own heart... That's an awful big place to live in."
- "I know the Bible says a man ain't supposed to lay with another man, but I can't imagine the Good Lord sending a feller like you to Hades."
Heartwarming / Sling Blade