- As sappy as "Groovy" is, it's just so sweet and perfect in showing how smitten Shaggy is with Crystal that you can't help but gush about it.
- Velma and Daphne are very supportive of Shaggy and Scooby's feelings for Crystal and Amber. They even show sympathy for when Crystal and Amber have to leave the Earth and can't be with Shaggy and Scooby.
- Despite being rather gruff and rude to the gang for most of the movie, Buck proves to be a genuinely a sweet-natured guy, and it's revealed that "a little hobby" of his is collecting and pressing flowers — he shows Fred and the girls one book he has, and they note that the flowers he has are very beautiful and agree to keep this a secret (as Buck explains to them that it's something he prefers to keep quiet about).
- Lester giving the gang a place to stay when they're stuck in town.
- Shaggy and Scooby's awed view of the night sky.
- Amber's reaction to Scooby bringing her flowers.
- As ruthless and cruel as they can be, the bad guys seem to have a decent Villainous Friendship, with Steve telling Laura to go free the others while he's fighting Crystal and Amber, as well as bothering to help Laura up -when she's knocked down and covered in oil- before trying to escape himself.
Heartwarming / Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders