open/close all folders
- After Ongina comes out as HIV positive, and is crying on the floor, the other girls approach her, help her up, and hug her.
- Delta Work giving up a phone call home, her prize for winning a mini challenge, to Shangela after she hears her say that she'd used it to call her grandmother, who she talks to all the time, because Shangela needed it more.
- Especially since so much of season 3 was clique vs clique, this showed that even though they could get on each other's nerves, the Queens still looked out for each other.
- During the Season 3 Reunion, Stacy confronts the other girls, in particular Raja, for calling her a "Booger" and telling her she didn't deserve to be on the show. Raja gives Stacy a heartfelt apology for making her feel bad, and then gives her the "Heather" necklace she shared with the rest of her clique. Stacy's reaction of saying "I'm a Heather!" is so honest and cute, its hard not to smile at it.
- Piyah Martell, internet diva and transgender teen born with Caudal Regression Syndrome, making an appearance in Season 4 to be part of the mini-challenge of that episode. All the queens couldn't help but feel inspired and moved by this young teen living out her dreams despite her physical shortcomings.
- On "Untucked," immediately after talking about how her parents have a hard time accepting her drag, and that they have a tough relationship at the moment, a video of DiDa Ritz's parents, proclaiming their pride and love for their son is played. DiDa's surprise and joy is radiant.
- Monica Beverly Hillz coming out as transgender, getting reassured by Rupaul and the other girls that she has a right to be on the show.
- In the "Untucked" episode, we see all the girls rallying around Monica, assuring her that they are her family and they will love her no matter what.
- Season 5's Untucked had a video message from Alyssa Edwards' estranged father. He apologises for not having been supportive when she was growing up, tells her that he's very proud of her, and hopes they can reconcile.
- During Season 5's makeover challenge where the queens had to drag up gay marine veterans, Jinkx bonded with her vet, an older man who lived through the gay rights struggle from the military ban to anti-sodomy laws to catching HIV and having the medication rack his body. She listened to his stories, and planned out a dance routine that was fun but not overtaxing, and when they actually performed the routine it was clearly that the he was having a blast. The vet went on to say that the whole thing rejuvenated him and made him want to be part of the gay community again.
- Bianca steps out of character and not only offers her extra cinch to Adore Delano, but also offers to show her how to put it on and help her into it. The heartwarming moment doesn't end there, as in the following cam Adore calls Bianca her step-mother, and claims that she's now a drag foster child in Bianca's care.
- Not only that but in the most recent episodes former rivals Bianca and Trinity have grown rather close.
- In the same episode, Bianca can be seen helping Dela and Laganja with their make-up for the Snatch Game. Remember how often she's at loggerheads with the latter. That's true sisterhood right there.
- The Makeover episode of Season 6 involved real couples getting married on-stage! Expect warm fuzzies and tears of joy despite a couple of not-that-great makeovers.
- Bianca getting a letter from her friend's eight-year-old daughter with whom she was close. The queens even comment on how nice it is that drag and gay culture aren't necessarily seen as taboo in front of children anymore.
- Joslyn Fox's fiance asks Ru to marry the two of them right there at the Reunited show, and she does. Joslyn didn't know anything about it and you can see just how overwhelmingly happy she is.
- At the same reunion, Darienne Lake briefly discusses her rocky relationship with her parents. Ru cues up a clip of the two parents, wishing Darienne luck and showing that her dad bought the rhino-horn earrings she wore for her mother.
- The fact that the Top 3 from season 6 became such good friends. It's the first time in the entire series where there wasn't some kind of tension between the finalists. Even years after the season, Bianca, Adore, and Courtney remain close.
- In fact, the whole group (especially the top 6), all got along really well, to the point where producers created almost completely artificial rivalries in order to increase tension for viewers.
- After Miss Fame revealed that her grandfather, who had been the one to raise her, was murdered when she was just 15 years old, both Trixie Mattel and Violet Chachki hug and comfort her. This is especially heartwarming in regards to Violet, who prior to this had been rather standoffish and arrogant around the other queens.
- When Ginger discusses some of the criticism she faced for what she's doing with her life, she explains that she may not be curing cancer but she's helping people live with it. Literally. She talks about how one of her fans was a woman with cancer whose bucket list included going to a drag show. She loved it and became a regular at Ginger's club until one night she stopped showing up. Ginger did some sleuthing and found out her cancer got worse and she had been moved into hospice care, so Ginger and her friends visited her and gave her one last show.
- When Jaidynn breaks down due to the pressure of the competition during the rehearsal for the ShakesQueer challenge, Max gives a short and sweet pep talk that encourages her to keep performing.
- Doubles for funny; during Trixie's exit on Untucked, she finds notes from Max and Pearl expressing their love for her. Trixie's response to Max's is also quite funny.Trixie: (reading Max's note) "Trixie, I love you and the judges suck and I hate everyone else here, the end. Love, Max. PS: I will win for you." Aww! (beat) She's not gonna win.Trixie: (reading Pearl's note) "Fucking love you, sorry it had to happen like this. You deserve to stay, I'm channeling your amazing energy, and thinking about you. Don't hate me, see you so soon. Love, Pearl."
- Pre Snatch-Game for Season 7, Katya is a little reluctant to do a Russian character for Snatch Game (owing to her anxiety coupled with fear of failing). Ru has a chat to her about her anxiety issues and gives her a pep talk, telling her that she wouldn't be on the show if she wasn't genuinely talented and Ru didn't think she was good enough.
- Later in that same episode, Katya and Fame bond over having past addictions and the ongoing struggle to stay sober.
- After her elimination Max posts an apology on Twitter for doing such a poor job in impersonating Sharon Needles for the Snatch Game. Sharon tweeted back that Max had nothing to apologize for, and that the only thing she enjoys more than a great impersonation is a terrible impersonation!
- Season 7's "Bearded Beauty" runway was this to many fans (who considered it long overdue), as Ru had finally given a proper showcasing to a sub-culture of drag other than just the "fishy" look.
- The second episode gives us an exchange between Chi Chi and the rest of the girls when she opens up about her past involvement with gangs. Robbie Turner jokes about Chi Chi's parents reacting to finding out she was part of a gang but seems to show genuine concern. After that Cynthia says she's proud of Chi Chi for making a change. While the show loves to play up drama a lot it's nice to be reminded that the queens have softer sides.
- After her elimination, Naysha gives Chi Chi a catsuit and a swimsuit to help her out and boost her confidence. Especially heartwarming because Chi Chi beat her in the lip-sync.
- Naomi Smalls and Derrick Berry get into a really heated argument where they both read each other's drag, particularly how Naomi doesn't glue down her lace fronts and how Derrick doesn't do anything but Britney Spears impersonation. The next day, Naomi decides to be the bigger person and gives Derrick advice on her makeup.
- After Bob beats Derrick at the lip sync, she takes time out to praise Derrick for how much effort she's put into the competition, and how she went from really feuding with her to being her biggest cheerleader.
- The final Untucked of Season 8 in general is very heartwarming. The top four are genuinely friends with each other, and spend the bulk of the episode speaking very warmly of each other (while still playfully throwing shade).
- Chi Chi remarking that Bob is an inspiration to her.
- Chi Chi noting that while it would be great to win the prize money, it's incomparable to the lessons she learned on the show.
- The queens promising that they'll share some of the prize money with each other - $100 per queen.
- The queens all noting how far Kim has grown throughout the season.
- At Kim Chi's behest she convinces all the other queens to share a dance move with her during the final lip-synch, and they all actually go through with it!
- During the Season 8 reunion, Cynthia Lee Fontaine reveals that she has been undergoing treatment for stage 1 liver cancer since leaving the show. Who was at her side the whole time? None other than Acid Betty, who Cynthia says came to support her as soon as she heard the news and constantly told Cynthia that she wasn't alone.
All Stars 2
- In the All-Stars 2 premiere, both Roxxxy and Phi Phi admit they were a bit catty during their seasons and promise to be more compassionate.
- Roxxxy in particular lives up to her promise when she reassures Adore, who is panicked at being in the bottom 3 and dealing with Michelle's bitchiness, that she does belong on the show. Especially heartwarming when you remember they met for the first time at the outset of the series.
- When Coco makes her entrance, Alyssa briefly looks shocked...before laughing and giving her a big hug, assuring the Confession Cam that it's all water under the bridge now.
- In the 2nd episode of All Stars 2, Alyssa notices that Adore's looking particularly defeated and asks what's wrong. The rest of the queens try cheering her up as well.
- In a show of class, Alyssa hugs Alaska after the latter picks her for elimination.
- Made even more heartwarming in the next episode when all the eliminated queens have to pair up with a non-eliminated queen to earn a chance to re-enter the competition. Alyssa immediately picks Alaska.
- After Tatianna and Alyssa lip sync Ru announces that they both are returning. The joy on their faces is palpable and they immediately rush to hug each other.
- Season 9, Episode 1 Untucked: Lady Gaga coming backstage to give each queen their own individual critique. No other guest judge has done this before and with a surprising amount of insight too.
- Despite Eureka's medical evacuation being sad, Ru Paul reminds her that she is loved and invites her to return for Season 10. She accepts this invitation.
- Almost immediately after her elimination, all of the queens rush up and give her a big group hug.
- For the S9 makeover challenge, the queens have to put members of the production crew in drag. The love and respect the crew has for Ru, the queens and the art of drag is infectious, with Ru declaring it her all-time favourite challenge.
- Eureka apologizing to Sasha and Valentina for making an insensitive joke about eating disorders and Sasha apologising in return for how she reacted; putting the matter behind them.
- And the proceeding conversation between Sasha, Shea and Valentina telling each other about their struggles with eating disorders and appreciating how they can speak so openly to their fellow drag queens about it.
- Made even more heartwarming with the fact this was Eureka's last episode in Season 9, meaning she was able to fix her relationship with the other girls before her elimination.
- Nina Bonina Brown's elimination. After adding random names for episode, Ru Paul adds her own birth name after Nina's drag name before letting her go, calling her a member of the drag race family.
- In the Season 10 premiere, Bob the Drag Queen cheering on her drag daughter Miz Cracker ("That's my baby!") during the first mini challenge.
- In episode 4's Last Ball on Earth challenge, Asia O'Hara ends up helping almost everyone else with their sewing and outfit designs — which unfortunately leads to her being in the bottom 3 of the week due to her own three looks not being up to scratch as a result.
- In the "Bossy Rossy Show" challenge where Shania Twain was a guest judge, Ru allowed Kameron Michaels (for whom Shania was her childhood idol) a moment to gush her feelings to her.
- While Blair explained her experience being raped in college Miz Cracker takes hold of her hand and Vixen is on the verge of tears while saying this memorable quote:
- "I can't wait to find that motherfucker."
- And when Blair is eliminated, all the other queens go onstage to hug her.
- After Kameron Michaels and Eureka lip sync for their life in Season 10, Ru lets them both stay. "Now that's what I call a lip sync for your life!"
- Monet X Change's surprised reaction when she wins Miss Congeniality. Monique Heart and The Vixen also look so happy for her.
- After Mercedes shares her history with the queens in the Werk Room, her sisters are quick to rally around her. It's shown that even later in Untucked, when she starts to tear up and doubt herself, every queen in the room jumps at the call to be her cheerleader.
- Everything about the romance between Vanjie and Brooklyn and the other queens' almost gleeful excitement upon noticing and realising it.
- Sadly, they're not together anymore as of the reunion due to real-life circumstances — but they both make it clear that they still care a lot about one another.
- When RuPaul asks Team Ra'Jah point-blank who's responsible for their devastating showing in the "Diva Worship" challenge, all of them band together and state it was a collective failure (unlike the infamous "MacBitch" from season 7 where nobody took responsibility), throwing nobody under the bus. Watching all of them have each other's backs when they could've easily started pointing fingers is a wonderful show of sisterhood. Of course, they pay for it when RuPaul decides who's lipsyncing...
- During the live crowning reaction video: Brooke Lynn wouldn't take her eyes off of Yvie at the end of the final lipsync. It's very clear that she knew Yvie was going to be crowned and was incredibly happy for her and couldn't wait to see how she'd react.