- The very fact that Murphy learned how to twirl the gun in order to impress his son (also, because he thought it's cool himself), who's been watching a TV Series about a heroic cop doing the very same trick after shooting the bad guy. However, this turns into a major Tear Jerker when Murphy is killed and turned into a cyborg, his son along with his entire life literally stolen from him.
- A minor one early on, but when ED-209 malfunctions and blasts Kenny to death, Morton is shown embracing a terrified coworker, shielding her eyes from the horrifying spectacle.
- Just as Murphy is about to murder his own murderer in cold blood, Clarence manages to choke out "You're a cop...", and with the reminder of his duty literally flashing before his eyes, Murphy releases the brute and replies with grim pride;Yes; I am a cop.
- The New Years' celebration in Robocop's first days of consciousness. There are some goofballs in this office.
- The drunk scientist who kisses him is incredibly sweet, especially since Murphy worries about how he intimidates people after his humanity resurfaces.
- While hiding out at the steel mill waiting for Boddicker to show up, Murphy tells Lewis she should get out of there. She replies, "Hey, we're partners".
- It's made even better by the fact that she doesn't need to be on duty at all, since most cops are on strike by that point.
- She also only knew the wholly human Murphy for less than one day.
- While a crowning moment of funny on Robo's part, after saving the girl from being raped, the first thing she does is thank him and hug him, not even caring that the officer that saved her is part machine.
- Also, Robo comforting the girl and telling her he will notify a rape crisis centre, even if he is so cold and robotic about it that it comes off as funny.
- During the Unveiling, everyone's applauding Robocop on his first appearance. Morton himself is the top crowner of this as rather than make it all about him, he lets Robo know the applause is all for him. note Morton: Come on, that's for you!!!
- It's minor but when the DPD are sent in to gun down Robo, quite a few of them, not just Lewis have an objection with the line "He's a cop" showing that quite a few of his fellow Police have looked past the machine and come to see Robo as one of their own.
- Sgt. Reed, the Papa Bear of the police precinct. He doesn't take shit from anyone, even with his job on the line, and jumps to his fellow officers' defense any time he has to.Lewis: Sorry, Sarge. I fucked up.
Reed: Forget it, kid. This guy's a serious asshole.
- After killing Clarence Boddicker, the first thing Robocop does before heading out is making sure Lewis is okay.Robocop: Lewis? Lewis?!
Lewis: Murphy, I'm a mess!
Robocop: They'll fix you. They fix everything.
- When Robocop shows up in the board meeting to arrest Dick for the second time, the Old Man politely asks "How can we help you, officer?". Think about it, the CEO of a highly corrupt company that largely views Robo as an object referred to him as a human being!
- When Robo reveals that Dick Jones had Robocop's creator killed, Johnson (who was Morton's friend) turns and looks at Jones like he's ready to kill Dick himself. Also when Jones is about to fall through the window, Johnson gets up with a smile as he sees his friend avenged. Afterwards he gives Robo a congratulatory and thankful thumbs up.
- The ending.The Old Man: Nice shooting, son. What's your name?
- He smiles at this point. He may be half-robot but he is still human.
- As Emil lights a cigarette, one of the other gang members warns him he could get lung cancer.
Heartwarming / RoboCop (1987)