open/close all folders
Arc 2 | Season 1 Episodes 4- 11 | Light Novel 2- 3
- Episode 7: After Rem's death at the hands of the curse he narrowly avoided, Subaru hesitates to jump off a cliff and invoke Return by Death because of everything he's experienced so far, which includes the curse and what Rem did to him in the previous loop. As Ram and Beatrice argue over what to do with Subaru, Subaru suddenly realizes that as he died in his sleep a few loops earlier, Ram and Rem both held his hands to try and comfort him, even though they had their reasons to be suspicious of him. This realization gives Subaru the courage to jump off the cliff, and as he falls, he vows to learn from his mistakes and save the residents of the mansion.
- Episode 11: Subaru and Rem has a heart-to-heart talk with Subaru telling her that You Are Better Than You Think You Are and gives her the courage to move forward from her troubled past. Rem is so happy that she begin crying tears of joy and from there on, falls in love with Subaru.
Memory Snow OVA
- Pretty much all of the OVA, it's just a great Breather Episode with plenty of heartwarming moments.
- Suburu actively working so Beatrice gets out of her library to join in the Snow Festival.
- The Village kids making a snow sculpture of Suburu.
- The ending party with everyone together. Especially getting to see Suburu happy with Rem and Emilia, before the Trauma Conga Line of Arc 3.
Arc 3 | Season 1 Episodes 14- 26 | Light Novel 4- 9
- Episode 14: After wearing himself out during sword training with Wilhelm and turning down Reinhart's offer to help him bury the hatchet with Julius, Subaru asks if Rem think he's pathetic. She says yes, but she still cares for him, nonetheless.
- Episode 18: Rem's confession to Subaru, where she lists off all the good parts of him and explains why she intends to support him no matter what, despite knowing that he loves Emilia. Wishing, her Image Song by her Seiyuu Inori Minase playing in the background makes it even more powerful.
- A part of the Rem's encouraging speech is the same one Subaru used to get her out of her Heroic Self-Deprecation in the past. Basically, Rem used Subaru's own words against him which shows how much impact it left on her.
- A bittersweet example, but Rem's description of her fantasy of running away with Subaru. Sweet, because it's a sweet dream of domesticity with the man she loves that. Bitter, because she's acknowledging it can't actually happen despite the fact that he was the one to bring up the idea, since it's not actually what he wants.
- Episode 21:
- Subaru and Rem's Headbutt of Love at the end of the battle gives us this beautiful frame◊.
- In a scene omitted from the anime, Subaru realizes his feelings for Rem and confesses to her when he thought she is dying.
- After Wilhelm deliver the killing blow to the White Whale, he declares his undying love to his late wife. This scene is interjected with flashback of Wilhelm embracing Theresia and pledged to protect her after besting her in a sword duel. Doubled with Tear Jerker, as Manly Tears were shed as the audiences were watching that moment. The Power of Love is stronger than everything else, indeed.Wilhelm: It's over, Theresia. Theresia, I... I... I love you!
- This Platonic Declaration of Love between Subaru and Crusch after the cataclysmic battle with Moby Dick.Subaru: Well, we will inevitably become enemies one day, so I hope we get can get along until then.Crusch: Allow me to correct your belief, Natsuki Subaru; On the day when we must declare war with one another, I will continue to treat you as a friend; and when our blades must cross, I will never forget the debt of gratitude that I owe you on this day; Even if we are to become mortal foes, I will respect and regard you as a friend untill the very end.Subaru: If I didn't already have a Number One and Number Two Lady in my life, I will totally have fallen for you.Crusch: Even though I do not intend to continue this relationship with you as a woman, I will confess that my heart was moved by your heroism today; a pity that a greater dream than love now takes the throne of my heart.(Both Heroes Smile Warmly and Shake Each Other's Hands.)
- Episode 24:
- Subaru encourages Emilia to ride with the children to show that she isn't hated by everyone and that they respect her.
- Julius admits he considers Subaru a friend.
- Episode 25: The final scene of the episode shows Subaru he tells Emilia that he loves everything about her and will be on her side despite everyone else saying otherwise. Emilia is brought to tears at this point, happy that for the first time in her life, someone is accepting her for who she is, despite being a half-elf, despite looking similar to the universally hated Satella, despite having been ostracized nearly all her life, despite all the crap that she's been through. Subaru admits that his reasons for saving Emilia were selfish and how it was all for his own self-satisfaction. But, even if he was justifying it with the wrong reasons, that doesn't change the fact that he genuinely wants to save her because that's how his heart feels. His love for Emilia is the one thing he can be completely sure about.
- Episode 26: Even though Subaru is beating himself up for not having the power to wake Rem up from her coma, Emilia comforts him and says that she'll do everything she can to help him get her back. When Subaru asks her why, Emilia states that even though she can't remember who Rem is, she can clearly see that he deeply cares about her.
Arc 4 | Season 2 Episodes 27- 50 | Light Novel 10-
- Episode 33: After one of the most traumatic and painful death Subaru ever experienced so far, he returns from death and promptly loses it, hurting himself in the process. He is saved from his madness by Echidna, who summoned him to her mind space, which has the side effect of instantly stabilizing Subaru's mind. Over the course of their conversation, Subaru deduces that Echidna witnessed him resetting the world. Despite his warning and after some taunting and goading from the witch, Subaru tells Echidna that he is able to "return by death", fully expecting her to die in the process. She doesn't. Cue Subaru bursting into tears, as for the first time since he arrived in this world he is able to talk about his ordeal and share everything he has been through, with Echidna genuinely comforting him and telling him that while she saw what he experienced, she is willing to listen to him if it helps to alleviate his emotional burden.
- A "What If" story features Subaru and Rem leaving the country at the end of episode 18 to the west. From there, they become a loving couple (with Rem taking Subaru's family name) and start a family.