- In the ending of Madou Monogatari: The Final Test, Arle wants Phantom God to revive Schezo after his Heroic Sacrifice. As much as she gives him crap and snark for his shenanigans, deep down in her heart, she would never wish death on him. Although it costed his memories of the event, she's relieved to have her request granted. Even before her duel, she made a personal vow to fight Phantom God in his name.
- At the end of Madou Monogatari: Tower of the Magician, Schezo ends up sparing Wish and her power for another day. It rendered his quest for power ultimately pointless, but he reasons that it wouldn't be a fair duel after he just freed her from possession. As someone who stops at nothing to gain more power, this is an incredibly generous gesture from the dark mage.
- Furthermore, he complains that his mission was a waste... Only to change his mind when his new Action Pet Tenori Zoh trumpets from his shoulder, saying he was worth the trip.
- It seems like Amitie is the only person genuinely concerned whether or not Klug returns to normal.
- Sig's attentiveness and sympathy for a homesick Arle in 15th Anniversary definitely counts. It truly serves as a great example of how his absend minded and nonchalant nature does nothing to stop him from caring for his friends.
- Zed talking to Ess in Chapter 6 of Puyo Tetris...or rather, Ex talking through the memory manifestation of Zed. Also a Tear Jerker.
- Ex thanking Zed for watching over Ess in Act 10. This is one of the rare cases we see an on-screen parent in a Puyo game, and you can see he really cares about his daughter.
- A meta one... SEGA knew the fanbase was there for Puyo Puyo, but couldn't market the latest game in the West at all without possibly encountering the wrath of Ubisoft, who own the Tetris rights in the West. They managed to find a set of very specific clauses in Ubisoft's deal that meant they were FIRST to release a Tetris game on the latest hot gaming platform, the Nintendo Switch, and were able to also release it on the PlayStation 4.
- A further meta one came a few months later, when Sonic Mania came out. The final boss of Chemical Plant Zone? A modern-day revival of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine!... and this time, Puyo Puyo fans can recommend a game to people asking about this fun 'new' puzzle game!
- A final meta one came in 2018... When SEGA released Puyo Puyo Tetris on it's final format... 'Microsoft Windows', with a promised feature being the Japanese voiceovers!
- A meta one for Sorcery Saga, all that Compile Heart has left of the Puyo Puyo franchise. The only game they did release... Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God. Well, Even though Arle moved on, clearly the Madou world still believes in the favourite food of their lost child...
Heartwarming / Puyo Puyo