- Just knowing that, despite the fact you're locked in a cell, cut off from the rest of the world, two people you've never seen before, are constantly sending you letters and gifts to make you happy.
- Charlotte playing the gramophone for you. It's arguably the last happy thing to happen in the game before everything completely hits rock bottom.
- Charlotte baking a cake for you.
- Sal, a man who may well be immune to the virus, gradually builds you a table on his way back to find you.
- Salvadore's blatant optimism towards coming home, and later, saving your life. Keep in mind that this is a man whose actual relation to you is never explained.
- Salvadore sacrificing his life to save you (provided you actually leave the cell). Again, this is a man you've never met before, and he cares more about you than he does his own life.
- Charlotte's suicide letter you find at the end of the game, although somewhat depressing, still shows that, despite everything you've been through, there's still some form of light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel.
Heartwarming / Presentable Liberty