- A minor one, but Phelous gets angry whenever Eli Roth uses the word "gay" as an insult in his films. A small detail, but nice nonetheless.
- In the comments section of his Shredder review, Phelous apparently confirms that he and Obscurus Lupa are dating.
- Though he already had confirmed it on his Twitter multiple times. Either way, the fact that he can keep up a long distance relationship with a coworker like that is pretty heartwarming.
- The title pages of his Jack Frost (1997) and Jack Frost 2 reviews are drawings of very heartwarming scenes between him and Lupa.
- When Halloweenie quit his show, it's clear as this episode goes on that he and Pumpkinweenie actually do miss each other. Even if he does sweep Pumpkinweenie off of the table with his hands upon returning.
- In his review of TMNT: Coming Out of Their Shells, we have Phelous have a small meltdown moment when Splinter comes on stage to sing an out of left field song about Skipping Stones. Notice how Phelous does go on about this sudden break in pacing, but he allows more time to rant about how disrespectful the song is to Splinter's strong character and how the song makes him seem like the "lamest thing in the universe". He then goes on to say, "That wasn't the image I had of him, I liked him as a kid!"
- Cut to a home video of Phelan as a little kid, who sounds absolutely excited to play with his Splinter action figure. Doubly heartwarming if you notice that Phelan is mostly going through (or setting up) prop toys, and Splinter is the only character figure. Make that triple if you make the connection that the official Splinter action figure that he uses to compare with knock-offs in Bootleg Zones is probably the one from the home movie.
- We see the entirety of the home video in the (unofficial) Miraculous Merchanise Zone episode where he takes a look at the 2012 figures of the 1987 Turtles. We see that he was initially rendered speechless at the sight of all the figures he got and thanks his mother happily for the gift. note
- His Let's Play of Resident Evil he did with Allison is full of heartwarming moments. Probably the most heartwarming moment in the LP is when they kissed in Part 5.
- They even kissed again in Part 8.
- After Allison was unjustly fired by Mike Michaud, Phelan resigned from the site in protest. Though Rob understood, Mike didn't and took down all his videos from the site.
- Although it was later revealed as one almighty "PSYCH!" moment, the closing scenes of his Jacob's Ladder review are still extremely moving, and his "final" thanks and goodbye to his viewers (which extend to the end-credit captions) especially so. If he ever does really stop making movie reviews, then this is the perfect model for him to re-visit.
- Him letting Michael Myers stay for his Wrong Turn 2: Dead End review because he knows Michael's a big Henry Rollins fan. Michael even does a little dance of joy.
- Phelous' sincere joy in the review of "Trans-Dimensional Turtles", especially when compared to his disappointment in the previous '87 Turtles crossover.
- In his review of Dingo Pictures' Hunchback of Notredame, Phelous chastises the nuns who condem baby Quasimodo for his appearence. He's not really trying to defend Quasimodo, but it's clear Phelous hates how horrible the nuns are being to him.Phelous: Speaking of 'fire', you two are fucking fired and banned from ever looking at children again!
- In the Little Angels: The Brightest Christmas review, he repeatedly calls out the father for leaving his children unsupervised in a cabin with no way to contact the outside world, and says the only good ending would involve Child Protection Services taking the kids away after his negligence nearly got two of them killed.
Heartwarming / Phelous