As a Moments subpage, all spoilers are unmarked as per policy. You Have Been Warned.
open/close all folders
Chapter 1: The Activity Club and the New Kid
- Crossing with Tear Jerker, Max's dad puts up Mrs. Puckett's picture. "There. Now the whole family's here." Back when the comic was posted on ComicFury and Smack Jeeves, the previous page (with the Pucketts exploring their new place) was titled "House", and this page was titled "Home".
Chapter 2: Max and the Midnight Visitor
- "Hey, I, um, know I wasn't super cool tonight, but, uh... ''we're'' cool, right?" Said by Max attempting to make amends with PJ after dealing with the Racist Whale Frog spirit. PJ then completely misunderstands the fist bump gesture and holds Max's fist instead.
Chapter 3: Max, Isaac, and the Secret Shortcut
- Guilt ridden over having potentially betrayed the Doorman's, Isaac's spiritual (literally) and apparent mentor and close friend, trust by revealing his secret location to Max, Isaac seems to prepare for the trouble that may ensue. However, the Doorman simply forgives the spiky-haired Spectral, telling him that he is indeed an "agent of justice" as he feels guilty over his actions. Isaac thanks the Doorman by giving him a Justice Hug!!!
Chapter 4: The Activity Club and the Ghost Train
- Ed lending Isabel an ear and cheering her up. This is a unique scene for Ed, who otherwise never seems to have a serious line.
- Max concentrates all his spectral energy into his finger while thinking of all it can do. Among the silliness, there are some cute moments, such as baby Zoey clasping Max's finger.
- Max trying to cheer up PJ after PJ was feeling worthless and powerless deserves a special mention.
- Max's dad says that he'd love Max even if he was a weird psychic, without any context of Max being a spectral. Max appreciates the comment anyway.
- The interactions between Eightfold and Isabel are simply adorable.
- Johnny may be a violent little berk, but the kid knows when his friends have had a rough night. In short order, he wipes away RJ's tears (with what looks like a slap but with "Wipe" and "Console" effects), calms down the entire gang by promising that they'll get to the bottom of the floating people issue, and advising that they forget the incident for now and get to the bottom of six bags of popcorn and "watch every R rated movie Stephen owns."
- Isabel and Ed holding hands as they return home.
Chapter 5: The Activity Club and the Insidious Infiltrator
- Johnny prepares to shield his friends from a throw he's seen to be able to leave craters. At this point in the comic, Johnny doesn't know he's possessed, so he's risking his own safety for the safety of his friends.
- After this ball is deflected, Johnny also worries about Dimitri's and Max's well beings.
- Johnny and Max reassuring each other in chapter five as they prepare to face off against Jeff. Max tells Johnny that caring about his friends isn't a flaw like Hijack said it was, it's his sole redeeming quality. And Johnny tells Max not to be afraid, because he's stood his ground against Johnny himself.
- Despite his somewhat belligerent way of expressing it, Lucifer really is concerned about Spender's well being.
- Spender and Isabel have known each other since she was little. She can tell when something bad has happened to him, and vice versa.
- Max responding to the background girl's request for him to ask her name so she won't be only a background character by saying that she could just tell him her name. Though Alex ruins Max's dramatic exit, it's touching to see Max encourage someone who's obviously been treated like a weirdo before.
- Isabel and Ed make up. Ed makes Isabel laugh, cementing that things are back to normal between them.
- Isabel gets another touching moment, this time with Flipflop, who has just confessed that her grandfather assigned him to her because he's "useless" and would force her to get stronger so she wouldn't need a tool.Flipflop: If...if you keep me with you, I promise I'll prove my worth!
Isabel: ...We've got nothing to prove. Let's be friends, okay?
- After griping to Flip-Flop that "none of them get me," Isabel treats Max with a smile and acknowledges that he gets her. And then quickly pledges to help Max any way she can from here on out.
- The chapter ending, with the Activity Club kids walking off together smiling and laughing, the air finally clear between them. Spender looks on with a smile, saying that they're together, so they'll be just fine.
Chapter 6: Stephen and the Suspension of Disbelief
- Stephen and the Long Dog's relationship, with Stephen's quest to find the dog's owner after saving it from apathetic high schoolers, his honesty in telling the shopkeeper that he wants to see the future to see who the dog's owner is, and asking the dog later if it wants to stay with him if Stephen can't find his owner.
- After the Sphinx decided to eat Isaac instead of asking a riddle, the rest of the team decide to take care of the Sphinx entirely by themselves. Isaacs expressions of impression and appreciation are quite adorable to see, and seeing the kids dedicated to protecting Isaac instead of leaving the trouble to himself is heartwarming to see.
Chapter 7: Mr. Spender and The Activity Club
- With the comic update (of 3/18/2013) being a mite late, Zack posts a twitter informing their fans that, though it is late, it will be coming shortly. Almost all of the replies thus far have been forgiving towards Zack, telling them to take their time on the comic even with one hoping that they arent ill again. Needless to say, Zack is quite loved by their fans.