- In the episode "Animal Farm", Rebadow's grandson is dying of leukemia. He wants to go to Disneyworld, but his family needs three thousand dollars. Everyone around the prison kicks in money, even Schillinger and Hernandez, and not even Adebisi will take the money from him.Adebisi: Sometimes, it's good to be human.
- Beecher comforting Andrew Schllinger when he goes through withdrawal.
- Every single Emerald City inmate banging on their pod doors to show their solidarity with Ryan and Cyril.
- A rather rough example, but still valid: in the early Season 1 episode "Capital P", Sister Peter Marie is briefly fired from her job as prison counselor for joining the protests against Keane's execution. When the inmates show up for a counseling session and find a replacement there, they all start hurling wads of paper at the poor guy and demanding to see Sister Peter Marie. It shows that, as much grief as the inmates of Oz give the old girl, most of them do have a genuine soft spot for her.
- Alvarez training a Labrador Retriever and giving her to the CO he blinded. Even more so, he gambled that the CO speaks Spanish at home, and so he taught the dog to respond to orders in English and Spanish.
- Ryan singing a lullaby to Cyril in "Cuts Like A Knife". It's a tiny bit of Tear Jerker and a heartfelt moment when Ryan isn't acting like a total jerk, manipulator and monster.
- Given that it's "Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral", a traditional Irish-American lullaby, it's also likely something their mother sang to them when they were younger.
- Addled inmate Giles is able to inform Sister Peter Marie who killed that his former cellmate, whom he had killed, was the man who murdered her husband decades earlier. Unable to get him out of solitary, she instead sends him a huge box of tooth cleaning supplies, which he treasures.
Heartwarming / Oz