- Rainbow Dash saying, "this is the one that speaks to me" while hugging the guitar has an element of Only the Chosen May Wield and it is cutest use of the trope ever.
- Rarity getting over her dislike of rodents so quickly that she ends up naming all the Hamsters. And giving them accessories. Sure, all the hamsters break into a feud a few minutes later, but at least bonded with them!
Perfect Day for Fun!
- This short is just all-around cute, with the Rainbooms having a good time at a carnival.
Friendship Through the Ages
- It's all about the mane six hanging out with Sunset Shimmer and singing about how many things are impermanent but friendship will always last.
- Look at Sunset Shimmer. Just look at her. Throughout the whole video, she's clearly happy and having the time of her life. It's very sweet to see after first seeing her cruel and then sad and melancholy in the EG movies.
- It can also be seen as an assurance to those who aren't looking forward to the show finally ending. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will end one day, but what it's started will last for ages.
Life is a Runway
- Rarity sees fashion as a way to bring out one's inner beauty and personality and encourages others to not be afraid to express themselves.
- It's also implied that she gets fashion inspiration from her friends and classmates.
My Past is Not Today
- Sunset Shimmer declaring that she won't let herself be defined by her past and that she'll show everyone that she's changed.
- Sunset compares herself to a phoenix and magically gains fiery wings and a tail, in contrast to her demonic form from the first movie. Especially since if she gained these wings in pony form she'd look like an alicorn princess — gaining the power she's always wanted, but the right way this time.