- At the end of chapter 29, Seiji cheers on a temporary teacher who, despite her intitial zealousness, really wanted to help her students, but who ends up accomplishing nothing. Just as she wonders if she is really cut out to be a teacher, Seiji tells her she'd better become a great teacher.
- In chapter 66, Ayase tries to sing in front of a crowd in order to find the courage she needs to confess her feelings to Seiji. But being incredibly self conscious, she chokes, thinking that they're laughing at her. One of them notices, when she starts to cry, and rallies the crowd by cheering her on.
- Lucy's heart-to-heart with Midori, in chapter 73.
- She meets Midori for the first time, on the night of her farewell party. Midori tells Lucy about how she's watched her and knows how much she loves Japan, and the friends she's made, during her stay, and asks if she's truly okay with returning home to America. When Lucy finally understands how much their situations are alike, her answer is as much for Midori as for herself.
- After everyone's said their goodbyes and wished her well, Lucy decides to leave on her own so they won't see her cry, and is surpised when the entire school says farewell, moving her to tears, and shout, "I love you! See you again!" in english. The final page image is its own Moment of Awesome, bordering on Tear Jerker.
- From chapter 77:
- Ayase's confession.
- The end of Midori's days as Seiji's right hand.
- The end chapter 84 is a colossal Tear Jerker. Their day at the park, Midori finally coming to terms with the truth about her own feelings, and why she couldn't go on living a dream. Seiji becomes panic striken, fearful that Midori would lose her memories of him and their time together, and begs her to stay.
- She already knew.
- But, having found her own courage, she returns to her real body, leaving him with a tearful smile, and the promise that they'd meet again.
- And they do. He even gives her the diary that she used to write in about her days as Seiji's hand, thus cleverly circumventing the erasure of her memories. note
Heartwarming / Midori Days