- In episode seven, Hatchin quarrels multiple times with a group of boys who charge 'fees' for using the river. After she nearly drowns in a swimming match trying to get her stuff back, the boys rescue her and bring her back to her hotel. Her belongings (and the blanket they put up as collateral for the contest) are sitting neatly beside her when she wakes up.
- The scene in which Hatchin refuses to let go of an unconscious Michiko who is hanging on a hot air balloon over sea, which signifies that she has started to care for her after all. Wet suits ensue."I'll protect you, Michiko!"
- Pretty much any part where Michiko and Hatchin reunite in their adventure. Mama Bear hugs and warm and fuzzy feelings abound.
- In episode 17, Michiko and Hatchin are having their picture taken together, and Michiko tries to get Hatchin to smile. Much giggling ensues.
- Episode 18, where Hatchin chases a guy and breaks into his home... to make Michiko smile again!
- The fact that the guy in question helps her even though she broke into his place counts too. He even dances with her.
- The ending.
- The last few shots with Hatchin and Michiko hugging in the sunrise coupled with this line:
- Michiko giving up her freedom willingly to make sure Hatchin will be safe.
- Hatchin growing up to be an amazing mother to her son.
Heartwarming / Michiko & Hatchin