- When the Bulls won the 1996 NBA Finals, the first without his father, Jordan sank to the locker room floor with the ball in hand, crying, mourning the fact that his dad wasn't there to celebrate with him.
- Adding to the 1996 title, Chicago won the series on Father's Day.
- Collapsing into Scottie Pippen's arms as Pippen carried him off the court after Luc Longley's dunk with 6.2 seconds left in Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals also qualifies.
- The tribute to him during halftime of the 2003 NBA All-Star Game, his final appearance in the game.
- Vince Carter giving up his starting spot on the East All-Stars lineup to Jordan.
- Upon his induction into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009, the first person he thanked was Scottie Pippen, noting that in every video of every NBA title he ever won, Pippen was right there with him.
- His tribute speech to Kobe Bryant after Bryant died in January 2020. Michael noted that he put up with calls and text at early morning hours from Kobe because he always respected just how good Kobe was and his passion for the game. There was even some Meme Acknowledgement of the "Crying Jordan" meme, as Michael said that he'll have to look at another one now.
Heartwarming / Michael Jordan