- Jason's return and speech during the band's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. Especially when he hugged Rob Trujillo, his successor. Manly Tears were shed by all.
- The song "Rebel of Babylon" from Beyond Magnetic is a touching (yet still bonecrunching) tribute to Layne Staley
- A ninety year old fan wrote to Metallica wanting to meet her favorite band. They immediately visited the elderly fan in her nursing home as soon as they found out.
- When Black Sabbath was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006, Metallica, who was so inspired by the band, they played a cover of "Iron Man" and when finished James tells it simply. "Thank you, Black Sabbath! We love you!"
- Though it may not seem like one at first, "The Day That Never Comes" has some hopeful lyrics about "splattering color on the gray" and swearing "The Sun will come". Maybe the day will come yet.
- When Metallica cover band "Blistered Earth" had their equipment stolen in Portland, Oregon, worth around $20,000. Lars gave member Jared Kiess a call and offered to replace the gear that was stolen. Metallica had their gear stolen in 1984, so they understood how their situation felt.
- Right before they performed "Am I Evil?" during the Big 4 live tour with Anthrax and Megadeth note , theres a brief moment where we see Lars Ulrich embracing Dave Mustaine with a hug. Knowing Metallica & Megadeths long documented rivalry, its very cathartic to see the two finally burying the hatchet and move on from that decades old grudge. James Hetfields enthusiastic introduction to their arrival on stage helps too.
Heartwarming / Metallica