- Sakai and Chen's tearful hug after Sakai won the King of Iron Chefs tournament.
- Michiba finally giving Morimoto his (in-kayfabe, as Michiba and Morimoto had had a warm relationship off-camera for years) seal of approval before the first Morimoto / Flay battle also ranks up there.
- Kandagawa shaving his head, defeating then-champion Sakai in a Red Snapper Battle with a 5-0 score from the judges, and crying while being presented a medal from one of the judges (an Olympic judo champion) was positively amazing. Doubles as a Moment of Awesome for the 21st Century Special.
- Morimoto meeting his biggest fan during the New York Battle: a six year-old boy dressed just like him. He even gave him his chef's hat at the end of the battle.
- Sakai's match (Battle Black Pork) against an old school buddy from Kagoshima — until he walked into Kitchen Stadium on the day of the taping, Sakai hadn't seen him in decades, and they rushed to shake hands even before the theme ingredient was announced.
- Sakai's trip back to his hometown of Kagoshima at the start of the episode, too. He enjoys a reunion dinner with his middle school classmates and teacher, even cooking for them.
- One in the revival: Michiba, then 81 years old, battled in the second of the three New Year's Eve Dream Matches against new Iron Chef Japanese Jun Kurogi. When the battle began, Kurogi not only helped Michiba pick his fish but also carried it back to his side for him.
Heartwarming / Iron Chef