- From the first film, Josh's reason to go along with getting help from Elise: He wants to see his son again. Say what you want about Josh being a complete idiot throughout the first half of film, but the fact he agrees to go into The Further completely alone shows how determined he is to get his son back.
- Josh's reunion with his son in the astral plane was incredibly satisfying and heartwarming.
- From the second film: Elise comforting Josh and insisting it wasn't his fault she died, the same could be said with her telling Carl that he tried his best to help the family.
- Specs and Tucker's attitude in the second film following Elise's death shows them pretty somber, as if she was their surrogate mother. Poor guys!
- Josh trying to contact Renai by playing her favorite song on the piano in the second film. It didn't work, but still.
- The third film shows Quinn being saved by her mother, and even being assured she'll always be with her.
- Elise seeing that her deceased husband used some of his power to leave his favorite sweater for her on their bed.I love you too, Jack.
- Elise seeing that her deceased husband used some of his power to leave his favorite sweater for her on their bed.
- And beforehand, we see Carl from Chapter 2 telling Elise she should help Quinn and her family, by showing her a photo of Josh and his family, saying she helped him live a normal life.
- While The Last Key is the darkest of the film's entire series, it has some heartwarming pieces:
- Elise showing some comfort in her old abusive home, such as seeing old toys of her past and even finding the whistle her mother gave Christian.
- Elise and Christian's reconciliation, where the two finally hug after Christian releases his resentment at her for running away from home and leaving him alone with their father.
- Elise's reunion with her mother in The Further. Elise had held onto that guilt from releasing Keyface long enough for him to kill her mother since she was a young child, and you can see the love wash over her face to hug her mother again.
Heartwarming / Insidious