- Chizuru, recognizing how much stress Hijikata is under and desperate to find a way to not be The Load, assumes the Pose of Supplication and begs him to allow her to help. He responds by lifting her chin with his hand, telling her that if she truly wants to help, and isn't asking for selfish reasons, then she shouldn't bow so easily but should proceed with conviction and with her head held high.
- Shortly before the route split, Chizuru has the option to deliver a message to Saito. When she does, Saito ends up telling her that there are probably two reasons she was chosen: One of the other captains would have stood out, and one of the newer recruits to the Shinsengumi might not be loyal. Chizuru, on the other hand, is both inconspicuous and her loyalty is without question. Aww!
- Most of the good endings count, even if they're on the bittersweet side.
- Late in the first movie, as the Shinsengumi captains meet to discuss strategy during the Battle of Toba-Fushimi, Chizuru shows up with rice balls. After promising that she's already taken food around to the men, she persuades them to eat, but Hijikata wraps his up to save for later... correctly judging that Chizuru will not save any for herself. When she objects to taking it from him, they end up splitting it, Hijikata convincing Chizuru to take half by asking who's going to take care of the men if not her.
- The Reimeiroku special where Hijikata becomes sick and everyone does something to try to help him out. Saito picks up medicine despite being sick himself. Okita makes rice porridge. Gen makes sweet bean soup with rice cake (Hijikata's favourite). Heisuke sorts out the paperwork. Ryu brings a citron fruit to cure colds. Kondou wants to do something but everyone else already did it. The best part? Hijikata is smiling throughout the whole interaction with Kondou.
- In a rather dark way, the climax of Sanan's route in Shinkai. Sanan has apparently betrayed Chizuru, killed Heisuke, and helped Koudou and Kaoru capture Chizuru. If Chizuru continues to believe in him, then the final battle has Sen and Kimigiku captured by Koudou. Sanan turns on Koudou, Heisuke pulls a Big Damn Heroes, and Sen and Kimigiku reveal they were playing along with their capture. Sanan's reasoning for this? He wanted Koudou to taste betrayal, as Koudou had done to Chizuru.
Heartwarming / Hakuouki