- Amy to Dylan, near the end: "Just because you stopped being my friend in middle school doesn't mean I stopped being yours."
- The last part of Josh's film about Dylan.
Yeah, so maybe the truth didnt turn out to be a hard-hitting expose on popularity, but I dont care. I have a new friend. Thats what really matters.
- The relationship between Dylan and Josh in general, really. In both the book and the movie, regardless of whether they hook up together or not. Just the incredibly close friendship that develops between these two teens on opposite sides of the social ladder is very sweet and inspiring.
- Dylan's musings about her mother near the beginning of the movie.
- Dylan paying for Josh's entire makeover, including a new pair of shoes to make up for the ones that got ruined because of her.