- Frank letting Bill watch a boxing match with him and his friends after their trials involving the color TV set.
- In the first episode, Kevin's Big Brother Instinct kick in at the right time, saving his little brother from his family's wrath even if he didn't do the crime in question.
- Frank calming Kevin down from his panic attack was pretty sweet. Even if he does wind up dropping him directly into the water he was so scared of anyways.
- Sue and Frank in 1958, talking about how their gonna be co-pilots and support each other. Kind of bittersweet considering none of their dreams ever came true, but still, you can see how much they love each other.
- The Season 2 finale, after reconciling the two realize the kids are getting older and won't need them around as much now, both immediately suggest that the other can go finish their dream (Frank becoming a pilot, and Sue finishing college)
- Vic telling Kevin the statutory rape wasn't his fault.
- Maureen asking Bill to carry her home in episode 2.
- After getting into a fight at school, Bill is suspended and must get a form detailing the punishment signed by one of his parents. Bill is terrified of what Frank's reaction will be and voices his concerns to Kevin. Kevin takes the form and forges Frank's signature, telling Bill that he's been through the same thing and the school administration doesn't bother checking whether the parent's signature is authentic.
- Kevin's memories of his childhood. Especially when Frank tells him that he'll always love him, even if they don't get along great in the future.
- Pretty much anytime Frank and Kevin are actually getting along. The ending of "Saturday, Bloody Saturday", when they bond in "the Liar's Club" etc.
- After the Murphys drive the Fitzsimmons off their lawn:Frank: I've got the best family in this whole goddamn town! And don't you ever come back!Kevin: You really mean that about us?Frank: You're goddamn right I do!
- Frank's speech when he's being hold hostage by terrorists.
- The small but satisfactory acknowledgment at the beginning of season 3 that Greg finally got away from Ginny and is now living happily as an out gay man.
- At the end of "R is for Rosie", Rosie returns to the airport and tells Frank he now understands that being in charge really isn't easy and gets why Frank is so frustrated at work. Frank appreciates the sentiment and hugs him.
- When Bill realizes how hurt Jimmy is over his dad favoring Bill for his aggression during their hockey games, Bill gets himself ejected from the championship game so Jimmy can take his place as the team "rat".
- The relationship between Janet Vanderheim, the obese prostitute, and her son Quincy, who she's genuinely loving and supportive towards, despite her job. She often tells him how proud she is of his schoolwork, and even manages to get time off to attend P.T.A meetings, where she yells at the teacher for putting her son in the back of the class just because his name starts with a "Q".
- The fact that International Touch, her pimp, gave her time off for the meeting, something most pimps wouldn't even consider.
- Kevin's entire relationship with Alice in season 4. After being put through the ringer in past seasons, he finally meets someone who is kind, smart, and supportive of him, motivating him in his music and to do better in school.
Heartwarming / F is for Family