In spite of the show's overwhelmingly cynical sense of humor, there are a few truly wholesome moments:
- The fact that in "Ted and Mary", the titular Ted and Mary really didn't blow Larry and Cheryl off, despite his assumption they did
- "Mister Softee" surprisingly has one, where Bill Buckner catches a baby that has fallen out of a burning building.
- In, "The Grand Opening", Larry started cursing and got everybody else to do so as well to help a chef with Tourette's syndrome.Chef: FUCKHEAD SHITFACED COCKSUCKER ASSHOLE SON OF A BITCH!(Everyone in the restaurant is completely silent)Larry: SCUM SUCKING MOTHERFUCKING WHORE!(Everyone looks at Larry)Jeff: COCK, COCK! JIZZUM! GRANDMA! COCK! (gestures for someone else to continue)Michael York: BUM! FUCK! TURD! FART! CUNT! PISS! SHIT! BUGGER AND BALLS!Manager: DAMN IT! HELL! CRAP! SHIT!Cheryl: YOU GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING BITCH!(Susie walks in)Susie: Fuck you, you car wash CUNT! I had a dental appointment!(Susie storms out in a huff)Cheryl's dad: Fellatio! Cunnilingus! French kissing! Rim job!Jeff's mom: Crap, piss!Chet's wife: Fucking, fucking fuck fuck!Larry's dad: Schmuck, putz!Richard Lewis: Pussy, pig fucker!Cheryl's sister: Balls!Jeff's dad: Boy cock, Girl cock, E-I-E-I-O!(The entire restaurant erupts in laughter and profanity as Larry looks on proudly)
- In "Larry vs Michael J. Fox", Larry befriends a "flamboyant" six-year old, Greg, and gives him a sewing machine for his birthday, much to his absolute delight. Despite being a sardonic, short-tempered Jerk with a Heart of Gold, Larry genuinely seems to get along with children most of the time when compared to adults.
- "Lewis Needs A Kidney" has Larry getting locked out of his car and is looking for some dinner which leads him to a Jack in the Box. Not being able to order in the drive-thru without a car, he proceeds to ask the line of cars behind him to lend a helping hand which leads to various rejections. However, he stops by the final car where the driver, Pete Hagen, happily allows him to get in and the duo enjoy a meal together before help arrives. It's later revealed though that Pete's actually a convicted felon and that one of the few times Larry had a decent interaction with someone ultimately goes up in flames.
- In the episode, "The Surprise Party", Larry gets a handicap placard to use for his own car. He immediately shows it off to Leon, and the two get changed for a day out. Especially at the arcade, they have a wonderful time together with Leon using some of his arcade tickets to buy a gift for Larry.
- In a real world example, "The Car Pool Lane" was shot in Dodger Stadium during a game, where Larry brushes against a seemingly random Dodgers fan. Unknowing to him, the said fan, Juan Catalan, was later arrested and charged with murdering a police informant, which if convicted, could land him on death row. Catalan maintained his innocence and stated that he was at the Dodgers' game that day, but his alibi could not be initially verified. His lawyer eventually managed to find an alibi for his client using the episode's footage, and Catalan was found not guilty.