- Adrian showing Sydney that he really does appreciate everything she's done for him over the course of the first book.
- The moment between Adrian and Sydney just before the arrival of Sonya Karp, Abe, Angeline and Dimitri. Especially Adrian's words. This is probably the moment when he begins to fall in love with Sydney, and it shows.Adrian: My God, Sage. Your eyes. How have I never noticed them?Sydney: What about them?Adrian: The color. When you stand in the light. Theyre amazing like molten gold. I could paint those Theyre beautiful. Youre beautiful.
The Golden Lily
The Indigo Spell
The Fiery Heart
- Hopper. Just... Hopper.
- Jill finally kissing Eddie. About damn time.
- This line:Sydney: "Everythings going to be okay. The center will hold."Adrian: "How do you know?"Sydney: "Because we are the center."
- Sydney's message for Adrian after she is captured by the Alchemists: Centrum permanebit. The centre will hold.
- Adrian and Sydney getting married in Silver Shadows is already nice, but not long afterward Lissa decides to grant Sydney full protection from the Alchemists at Court, running the huge risk of war in the process.
- Though, she only grants Sydney that protection because (1) Adrian's her friend, (2) Adrian and Sydney are in love and newly married, and (3) Adrian makes it clear that she would have to cast him out too if she hands Sydney over to the Alchemists.
The Ruby Circle