Heartwarming moments in Beast Wars.
- The Maximals are having a discussion over the fate of Transmutate. While Silverbolt's Knight in Shining Armor is usually played for comic relief, his speech brought him to whole new levels of awesome.Silverbolt: Are we Predacons now? Do we destroy whatever does not fit our definition of perfection?
- Rampage gets plenty with his affection for Transmutate. He's usually played as a omnicidal monster so it's easy to forget he's victim as well as villain. He didn't ask to be turned into a monster by the idiots on Colony Omicron who, in a moment of unparalleled stupidity, decided to play "Let's experiment" with the Spark of the most treacherous Decepticon to ever exist (and even assuming he was a volunteer, he probably wasn't told "This experiment could turn you into a psychotic monster"). And with Transmutate he's got a kinship, another "Freak" who is hated and feared by both sides.
- The humanization of Rampage in this episode is epitomized in the final line. As Rampage mourns Transmutate's death, Optimus makes a comment about dealing with him, but Silverbolt, by far the most noble Maximal and the polar opposite in seemingly every way of the sociopathic Rampage, replies:Silverbolt: No. Let him be. For the moment, we are brothers.
- See also Transmutate's last words. Calling Silverbolt and Rampage its Good and Dark friends respectively. Transmutate did know the differences between right and wrong, but still chose not to judge Rampage and accepted him as a friend.
- Rampage claims that he likes Transmutate for her power, but throughout the episode he clearly sees her as a kindred spirit and only encourages her destructive side when pushed by Megatron. Notably unlike Megatron, who claims Transmutate (or the protoform she was before he found out she was dangerous) as his property, Rampage never claims Transmutate "belongs" to him, only that they belong "Together".
- After all the ups and downs of their relationship, Blackarachnia finally joins the Maximals for good and gives her big wolf Knight in Shining Armor a kiss.Silverbolt: I shall always be your champion.Blackarachnia: The way you talk. (kisses him)
- Also crossed with a huge Tear Jerker, but the final moments of "Code Of Hero", with a fallen Dinobot surrounded by his Maximal allies after he's suffered fatal injuries saving mankind's early ancestors:Optimus Primal: Well fought, my friend. You saved the valley. You saved the lives of those that live here. And those that are still to come.Dinobot: Then, there is nothing to regret.
- And:Rattrap: Like I said, you're just a blasted, slag-spouting saurian, but [takes Dinobot's hand] it's nice to know where you stand.Dinobot: Upwind of you, for preference, vermin.
- After which Rattrap gives a huge smile, knowing that his friend still has enough strength left to engage in one last good-natured volley of insults.
- And, notably, is the first to stand up and salute Dinobot's Spark.
- Particularly nice is Optimus' Eulogy. Both in how it summed up Dinobot, and how prophetic it would be in the real world.Optimus: He lived a warrior, and died a hero. May his Spark join the Matrix, with the greatest of Cybertron.
- The fact that the Maximals gave Dinobot what appears to be a Predacon funeral is touching on several levels. Dinobot was a dark knight, almost a dark take on the Samurai, and had been from a very brutal culture. It says a lot that the Maximals would give him a sendoff that was so radically different from their own funerary traditions, and that, by all accounts, they knew exactly how to perform it. Which means that they had to have either known about it beforehand or had checked their computers databanks about it in order to make sure they gave Dinobot a proper send-off. A phenomenal show of respect to a fallen comrade.
- Dinobot would 10 years later be inducted into Hasbro's Transformers Hall of Fame, based on fan votes and edging out G1 Veterans like Soundwave and Grimlock.
- 20 years later Dinobot is given a Masterpiece figure, and is the third Beast Wars character to get one (after Optimus Primal and Cheetor).
- This is a bit thematic but I think its worth pointing out. Code of Hero opens with a proto-human being killed by a snake, having no means to defend itself. They were essentially at the mercy of Fate. Dinobot values the ability for a being to make their own choices and not be subjects to the whims of fate. After he saves the Proto-Human from Megatron the Proto-Humans finds Dinobot's makeshift hammer. At first they don't know what to do with it but when the snake tries to attack again the Proto-human is able to defend themselves. Dinobot gave humanity the ability and opportunity to forge their own destiny, no longer left at the mercy of chance or fate
- At the end of "Gorilla Warfare":Optimus: Bedside vigil, Dinobot? Not like you.
Dinobot: It was my shift. Well, uh, it's good to have you back.
Optimus: Back home or back to normal?
Dinobot: (beat) Both. (smiles)
(Optimus sees a new flower by his bed, as Dinobot exits)
- After Blackarachnia's experiments with the Transmetal Driver blows up in her face and she gets hurt, literally everyone is more concerned with the fact that she was dumb enough to do that to herself without letting them help than with the fact that she wanted to make herself more powerful (and quite possibly more of a danger to them all). This is lampshaded by both herself and Optimus.Blackarachnia: Oh, yeah. Sure. Like you were gonna help the Pred get more power.Optimus: Maximal or Predacon, you're one of us! You should know that by now.
- It also serves as a Call-Back to when Optimus made a similar statement to Dinobot. Back in the "Victory", Optimus referred to the otherwise proud Predacon as a Maximal, which offended him deeply. This time around, Primal knows how to respectfully express their camaraderie as transcending faction differences, not wishing to repeat his old mistake. A subtle mark of respect for the departed warrior, and of Optimus' continued growth as a worthy leader.
- "In the spark of an enemy, there will be salvation. And in the darkest hour, there will be a light..." A specific leitmotif returns one last time as Optimus says this.
- Small moment: When Rattrap provokes Dinobot in "A Better Mouse Trap" to the point that Dinobot attacks him in a rage, the first thing Rattrap does is knock Rhinox, whose back is turned, clear of the assault.
- Dinobot's hesitation to attack Megatron as he holds a proto-human hostage.Megatron: How positively Maximal of you.
- In "Bad Spark" there are several cute moments for Blackarachnia and Silverbolt.
- Silverbolt makes a joke and she laughs at it. Megatron is eavesdropping, and has seen her flirting with other bots, but even he thinks this is worse than usual. In his words, "yuck".
- The classic Rescue Romance parts but especially the one against Tarantulas. It looks he's defending her against an abusive ex-boyfriend.
- Blackarachnia saves Silverbolt from a fall off a cliff, but is at a loss when asked why she did it.
- Silverbolt's lines at the end ring of Courtly Love, "there is much more to you, my lady". Blackarachnia's are positively tsundere, "It's not like I needed him to catch me."
- In hindsight, given how much Waspinator would later lament how none of the other Predacons gave a damn about him, seeing Terrorsaur actually rescue Waspinator from being crushed under a giant boulder and dragging him back to the Predacon base under fire in the episode Fallen Comrades shows that Terrorsaur and Waspinator had an unspoken friendship.