- Tyrion doing everything he can to make Agatha comfortable.
- The relationship between Sandor and Tysha. Two people grievously injured by Gregor Clegane, who take solace in each other and find a way back to the light. When they marry, Sandor chooses to take Tysha's House Name, Cogg, instead of the other way around.
- Tyrion's and Agatha's wedding.
- Bittersweet, but Jaime finally gets an appropriate entry in the White Book, which includes how he killed Aerys to save King's Landing.
- You'd never think it possible, but partnering notoriously dour Stannis Baratheon with gold-digger Lynesse Hightower has created a very dynamic, very happy couple between two equally intelligent people that can deal with each other's quirks quite well. Stannis himself mentally gives thanks for having such a wonderful wife, comparing his excellent marital situation with Robert's.
- Lysa Arryn befriending young Theon Greyjoy.
- Agatha opening a hospital in honor of Elia Martell, then opening another hospital in honor of Joanna Lannister.
- Agatha hurting Tywin's goals not out of malice or ambition, but because she honestly believes that he can become not only a greater man than he thought possible, but a good man. The seamtress Tywin is with at the time is moved by this and tells him that this girl clearly loves him like a father if thats the reason she is going against him.
Heartwarming / A Spark of Ice and Fire