- RE: roller-coaster tycoon 2. Why make an expansion pack fully focussing on new landscapes and scenery and not make the editor capable of actually selecting the new themes? It annoys the heck out of me how limited the editor is.
- Not being able to unlock any new scenarios in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. One of the main reasons I liked the original over the sequel is that I actually have to put effort into playing the game in order to get new scenarios to play with. It's boring if you have everything available to you at the start.
- It doesn't help that there are far fewer scenarios available in RCT2 than in the original anyway....
- That's because most people don't buy the game to play challenges and advance levels, they buy it to recreate real-life coasters and make their dream parks and rides, which forces the need to have everything available from the beginnig.
- Why do the same VIPs keep visiting every park? And why would a baseball player be called 'Joe Sluggerball' anyway? And visit theme parks in his baseball outfit and while carrying his bat? And why exactly does a large theme park have to leap through arbitrary hoops for one random celebrity guest?
- Maybe they're hoping for an endorsement deal?
- Maybe the park organized a "meet and greet" with him for the guests so he had to wear his uniform. "Meet baseball legend Joe Sluggerball at the park, get a picture, get an autograph! One day only!"
- Coaster cars exploding when they crash? Just... Why?
- Renaming a guest as "Mr. Bean" makes them drive the go-karts slowly. Yet in the TV series Mr Bean drives his Mini pretty fast and recklesslessly (even his actor is reckless, considering he trashed a certain, center-seated hypercar three different times and had it repaired). He certainly ain't slow.
- How can guests be so dumb that they get lost and stuck in a wide footpath? I've gone to theme parks that have even three times the size of the wide stipulated in RCT in their footpaths and I've seen no one getting lost, by the opposite I see it as a more comfortable, spaceful and safe place to walk than a narrow footpath they show.
- Has it not occurred to the developers in the sequel that Guests won't pay a cent in Pay For Ride scenarios? Why have a fee for only rides or a fee for only the park and not have both? Why remove a completely functional aspect of the first game?
- How can a slide break down?
- Safety Cut-Out: Someone cut out the safety part of the slide cloth the peeps slide down on, and the Mechanic has to replace the cloth.
- Why would the excitement of Go-Karts go down if they go underground/indoors?
- If the karts aren't equipped with headlights and taillights, and/or there are no lights in the tunnels, (both of which seem to be the case) the drivers can't see where they're going or see where other karts are, making accidents more likely.
- How exactly did this game end up getting a pinball table based on it?
Headscratchers / RollerCoaster Tycoon