- Why does, whenever he's dressing up as Barry from Resident Evil he wield a toy Desert Eagle when Barry uses a .357 revolver (Presumably a Colt Python)? Yes, Desert Eagles can fire the same caliber, but the two guns look nothing alike, which is all that should really matter for a video.
- Okay, I'm just going to come out and say it: Phalen isn't as thin as the title cards portray him as. With people like Linkara, it's passable, since his coat makes him look heavier than he actually is, but with Phelous it seems a bit jarring.
- It's not like that really matters, though; it's just a drawing. Drawing proportions =/= real life proportions anyway. Also, rather amusingly, "Phalen" is a girl name while "Phelan" is a guy name (the latter is his).
- The problem with the title cards is that everyone loses weight in then. Phelous, Linkara (watch his review of Star Trek #1 and then his review of Star Trek #2), Critic, Chick, etc.
- From the artist's point of view, though, what are you supposed to do when presented with someone who is a little overweight (like Phelous or Linkara), who you like and has asked you to do title cards for them? Even Sean Fausz gets slimmed down a bit in drawings, but at least with him you know he is fully aware of being a large man, and it's too obvious not to portray at least a bit. With the others, though, you kind of want to make the drawings a bit more flattering. Weight is still a controversial issue. With the Critic's title cards, I think it's just the style, as Doug is slim normally. The only thing I really take issue with is the Chick, because she is normal weight, but the title cards show her as super-skinny when it's unnecessary.
- Is there a reason why his review of Satan Claus is called "Disney's Satan Claus"? It's clearly not a Disney film.
- I think it's a joke about how it's clearly not a Disney film.
- It's a pun on the Tim Allen movie The Santa Clause also known as Disney's (The) Santa Clause.
- So at what point did Phelous start having an ongoing story arc?
- Why did a mushroom grow out of his head in his Super Mario Christmas episode?
- Why does it seem that Phelous always pronounces "lantern" as "lantrin"?
- In "In The Name Of The King 2", why did he keep referencing Sugar Bear and his Cereal, Sugar Crisp?
- I believe because Sugar Bear is very laid back and has a monotone voice, and the references were comparing how laid back the movie character was.
- What sort of ethnic background does Phelous's family have in order for him to have such an uncommon real name?
- According to The Other Wiki, Porteous is a Scottish surname. Googling Phelan reveals it is normally apparently a surname as well, and is Irish in origin, meaning roughly "Wolf." So someone named Phelan Porteous likely comes from a family with a Scots-Irish background.
- According to Wikipedia, Phelan is Welsh and Porteous is Scottish.
- What's the deal with the "Put the baby in the toilet/oven" Running Gag? What song/review is that from?
- I've noticed that sometimes, Phelous makes jokes related to the alt-right. Are these in any way related to his actual political beliefs? I mean, on one hand, he's (even after he left Channel Awesome) on good terms with Linkara (a self-described feminist) and Brad Jones (more recent videos of his have had him spoofing conservative political positions), and his comments about Tumblr in some videos MIGHT be because its popular with teenagers, people notorious for complaining, but on the other hand, we have this...
- Which jokes are you thinking of? People complaining on tumblr is more a general stereotype.
- Why does Phelous pronounce words ending in "ern" like they end in "ren"? Is it his accent?
- There are a couple of music cues that I can't seem to identify. The first is that vaguely rustic music that plays over stupid scenes (not ba-dum ba-dum, I think this came earlier). The other one is that "epic" music that he plays over fights. What are these songs?
Headscratchers / Phelous