- Just what exactly happened to Kyle's saber between DFII, MoTS and Jedi Outcast. First it was green, then orange and now blue respectively, is there a mentioning of this in a book I haven't read yet or...
- The change between DFII and MoTS is explained, Kyle's (green) lightsaber was destroyed and took Yun's (orange) lightsaber. The change of orange to blue between MoTS and Jedi Outcast was that Kyle constructed his own saber between the two games, before he severed his connection to the force.
- Actually, Yun's was yellow. So, he changed sabres between Jedi Knight and Mysteries as well.
- He probably just switched crystals between games, loss of the green sabre notwithstanding.
- This troper took it that Yun's yellow lightsaber was a bit of a morbid thing to carry around, so Kyle probably left it at the Valley of the Jedi, and built his own lightsaber. Technically, the green saber wasn't his either, it was Rahn's. The orange saber he has in MOTS would be his first own official Kyle Katarn lightsaber
- The lightsaber he used in MOTS was in fact Yun's lightsaber. After he fell to the dark side in MOTS he joined Luke's Jedi Praxeum to receive official training, built his own lightsaber there, and left after Jedi like Kyp fell. So it's a pretty simple timeline. Rahn's green lightsaber (first half of Jedi Knight) -> Yun's yellow/orange lightsaber (second half of Jedi Knight, Mystery of the Sith) -> Kyle's official blue lightsaber (Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy).
Headscratchers / Dark Forces Saga