- In Girl Genius, the unnamed circus chef is fond of using his "calming pie" to calm down people by applying it to their faces. In a subversion, it doesn't usually work too well, as seen here.
- Shinae not just slaps, but punches Kiel'ndia out of a hysterical fit over the demon-transformation of Naal'suul.
- Much earlier, Nihi'liir slaps Faen after she starts to panic on the way to the tainting ceremony and quickly finds out why this is not a good idea when dealing with The Empath who has Power Incontinence. She loses an arm while their teacher, who steps in to break it up, winds up brain dead.
- Parodied beautifully in Bigger Than Cheeses.
- In Juathuur, father figure Arvval slaps Faevv when he learns she strayed from the way. This allows him to influence her for... about ten minutes.
- In El Goonish Shive, Melissa did this to herself when her delusions about Justin were getting out of control and even references Mythbusters involvement with this trope.
- Happens here in Homestuck. Karkat goes into a Heroic BSoD and gets this treatment from Spades Slick. The whole scene actually Crosses the Line Twice and turn a rather serious Tear Jerker into a Crowning Moment of Funny."There, there, you blubbering goddamn pansy."
- And Jade upgrades the Brightslap to a Brightbeatdown. Beware the Nice Ones indeed....
- While everyone is understandably wallowing in despair after the events of [S]GAME OVER, Terezi, who at this point is bleeding to death, flies over to John, crashes in front of him, walks out of the crater and still has enough strength to headbutt him hard enough to break his nose."F1X TH1S"
- Laura in Collar 6 administers a much-needed love tap to her Mistress when Sixx indulges in a bit of Wangsting, followed by an equally well-deserved verbal slap. It ultimately comes across as heartwarming.
- Ménage à 3:
- Yuki gets one in to stop her from tearing up every magazine with naked men in a store. This exact same line is even said. Well, y'know, except for the "man" part.
- Performed by DiDi on Zii when she considers sex (then a threesome) as a way of apologizing for breaking Gary's rare Transformer toy....which was just as well; it wasn't really broken, it was designed to pop back together though they had no way of knowing that at the time.
- When Greg of Real Life Comics got into the 'zone' and lost his connection to reality, Dave tried to slap him out of it. It worked for a couple of seconds.
- In Mokepon, Atticus is just recovering from nearly being shot when he and Dragonthing run into a giant swarm of angry Bug Pokémon. Dragonthing has to bite Atty to knock him out of his Heroic BSoD before they high-tail it.
- Magellan: This line is used to get Charisma out of future shock.
- In Commander Kitty, Freeda nearly shouts Ace's head off once he falls into his 10-Minute Retirement. It doesn't help.
- In Paranatural, Johnny slaps RJ's tears away.
- In Stand Still, Stay Silent, Sigrun has to do this to Emil after he panics at the sight of skeletons in an old Rash hospital.
Get A Hold Of Yourself Man / Webcomics