- Ani Mae, a superhero from the Global Guardians PBEM Universe, whose powers stem from the fact that she's the real life incarnation of an anime Magic Girl, has Genre Savviness as one of her superpowers. Knowing that she is essentially a living cartoon superhero, she's very good at predicting what the villains will do next, because she knows what cartoon and comic book supervillains do.
- No Matter What Happens, I Still Won't Become An Anime Character has Sakura Kokoro who has anime plot hook spotting down to a science. Justified, as the whole point of the game is to avoid being entangled in an anime plot.
- STO Forum: Versus thread (rp): Kanril Eleya shows flashes of this. Before investigating a ruin in the jungle Eleya thoroughly scans it with her tricorder first. (The player notes in a footnote that in the fanfic series she was imported from, Eleya is a massive fan of Earth science fiction.)starswordc: No sense ending up like so many Indiana Jones sidekicks by walking into some booby trap that miraculously still works perfectly after eleventy-thousand years.
- In Survival of the Fittest, v4 character Bounce had been a massive fan of the series prior to her own involvement in it and as such references things like The Power of Friendship never working in SOTF and the fact that, as an unfit, unpopular nerd, there's no point in her making plans because people like her never stand a chance.
- In We Are Our Avatars, Awe Striker and Ozbourne, due to being humans from worlds very much like ours, often have familiarity with the fictional universes that many of the other characters come from. This is fairly common amongst most Author Avatars, but a lot of other characters happen to be as well.
Genre Savvy / Roleplay