- Cream's heal restores the Ichikoro Gauge by ridiculous amounts, letting you perform one-hit-kill after one-hit-kill. It's not so bad as health goes either, as it is on par with most of the better ones.
- Gamma is flat-out devastating. His slow speed is compensated by a long (and easy to handle) dash that makes him reach Shadow's speed. Add to that the best heal of the game, very powerful attacks, a ground POW that can be charged, and "Initiating Recovery Mode" and your enemies are going to enter a world of pain, while you can easily get away from them in order to heal if necessary. Heck, "Recovery Mode" can take out an Emerl unlucky enough to use an Ultimate Combo on Gamma.
- Tails and Rouge's trap specials can track the opponent. When charged to instant kill, they remove an entire plane from where one can safely stand before dying.
- Tails and Rouge also have midair attacks that can loop an airborne opponent while keeping both of them suspended, preventing them from being able to block by touching ground, until the opponent is dead.
- Emerl himself ends up being absurdly powerful, able to floor any given opponent in a single combo and pursuit attack, granted you have the right set of skills on him that are the best from each character and/or the proper stat boosts.
- Emerl's Character Combo supers are guaranteed to kill the opponent if every hit connects (except Chaos in Story Mode). Worse, they don't count as any particular type of special attack (Shot/Power/Set), meaning that even if your opponent sets their guard to block Power-type attacks (what they're assigned to), they'll still hit. They can also be charged with the Ichikoro meter so only one hit needs to connect. On the flipside, this may leave him vulnerable to Gamma's "Recovery Mode" since he can't do anything until he finishes, and some Combo skills may finish a Shot/Power move the opponent may have already set to block, so Emerl can be left with a nasty surprise if the auto-block occurs.
- Rouge's Ground POW move can be spammed to knock enemies into a wall and hit them before they land, repeating until dead.
- Cream's POW moves have near-instant cast time and deal heavy damage, letting you spam them safely and have enough time to recover if you miss or are blocked.
- Emerl can be a game breaker from the beginning. Without any skills. The actual spin dash part of Sonic's Shot skills don't have an actual special attack value assigned to them, so either the actual skill or the failed basic version Emerl starts with (which doesn't include the shot at all) can kill anyone with a charged Ichikoro meter (this even applies to Emerl's basic trap). Similarly, his basic Ground Set can lock an opponent in hitstun if mashed often enough.
- Between movement capabilities that allow him to run circles around his opponents and powerful attacks that can quickly beat his opponents, Shadow is one of the best of the "regular" characters. This was supposed to be balanced by his weak one-shot damage and poor healing abilities (his Ichikoro charges too slowly compared to averagely healing HP), only Shadow is so fast that he'll almost never be in battle unless he wants to. He also has strong defense regarding his strength support skill being the highest in the game, but his moves are strong on their own despite his weak damage to support it (his attack support isn't that high).
- Shadow's Air attack can also be used to stunlock enemies with a jump-attack jump-attack repeat; with you jumping and diving on the enemy in a V-shaped pattern. It requires more timing and inputs that things like Amy's jablock; but it is still a potential infinite.
- Amy's first attack, the Girl Jab, can be spammed at a solid beat when you press B well enough. Do it slow enough so you don't finish her jab combo, but fast enough that you can punch again before the opponent's lag is done and they can break free. With this, Amy can frame lock anyone.
- Cream's Ground Shot launches Cheese forward into the enemy, sending them flying to land on their back. Like certain types of move that also knockdown, however, it's not powerful enough to let enemies catch themselves and leap back, which means they'll always get knocked over and have to get back to their feet. If you can time it right, you can launch Cheese at them just in time to knock them right back down (it helps if they're pinned against a wall). Rinse and repeat until you've knocked them out.
- Sonic's Ground Shot can carry all the way to the end of the screen for extra hits as long as it doesn't hit a wall.
- Cream's midair trap special, Air Cream Cracker is superior to its grounded version, and by far is the strongest trap special in the game. Against anyone, two-to-three of these do enough damage for a free K.O. while not even the hidden Trap skills let alone the Ultimate Trap Skill can do anything about it.
- Emerl's Ultimate Jump skill works as an infinite Homing Attack that gets higher the more you press A, ensuring you can't be hit by anything and can zoom across the map to safety.
Game Breaker / Sonic Battle